Cows and deer???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fed rice bran last year due to the price of corn and rumors that coons wouldn't eat it, and even though the coons DO eat it, the deer loved it too.

The other rumor was that hogs wouldn't eat it, and that not true either. FYI.

Corn was cheap enough this year that I didn't bother with the rice bran.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not planning on dumping a 50lb bag of feed down. I know where the trails are, so I'll just put a small pile down every now and again to get them taking one trail more often than the other(the one I want to hunt). Rice bran is also something I might try. I just need the deer to stop on their way through rather than just passing through. I'm going to do a food plot next year, but I'm still going to have to compete with the horses not eating it. I'll probably use a 15% sweet feed mix and some rice bran.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update- hunting this morning and 2 cows come in and start feeding in the woods, decided to wait it out and not 5 minutes later here comes two does easing through, passed the cows about 10 yards away and fed on. Didnt seem to be bothered at all by them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom