Cows and deer???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never had a problem with deer and cattle on the same place.

but it is spooky walking in early and very dark and see/feel these creatures crowding around you. feel like they can run over yu.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went down to Seminole to scout my brothers property, he doesn't have cows but he does have horses. While walking back to the house we stopped to pet the horses, but they got spooked and turned around. Four does ran by about 30 yards away. I found a good spot for the game cam, but I'm certain half the pics will be of the horses, but we'll see. I'm reluctant to bait because the horses may eat it all, but I'm going to try anyways. I also have permission to hunt the adjacent land, but it is full of cows and my brother only has two horses. So I'll probably stick to his land as I know where the deer trails are.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went down to Seminole to scout my brothers property, he doesn't have cows but he does have horses. While walking back to the house we stopped to pet the horses, but they got spooked and turned around. Four does ran by about 30 yards away. I found a good spot for the game cam, but I'm certain half the pics will be of the horses, but we'll see. I'm reluctant to bait because the horses may eat it all, but I'm going to try anyways. I also have permission to hunt the adjacent land, but it is full of cows and my brother only has two horses. So I'll probably stick to his land as I know where the deer trails are.

Don't dump a bunch of corn out where the horses can get to it. A large quantity of corn is bad for horses.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I already asked about alternatives to corn in the food plot thread. Probably just going to use some sweet feed and something else, haven't decided on the something else yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom