Cox email moving to Yahoo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yahoo has become the dumping ground for ISPs that either go under, or simply can't be bothered to provide an actual email service to their customers....flash.net, swbell.net,

Matt
wow! Flash.net! That isn't an ISP I've heard about since the mid 90s. They were 14.4, 28.8, 56k back in the day, mid 90s. They just seemed to have poofed out of existence, I remember we changed to swbell isdn when it came to the neighborhood.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got and email saying from Cox that they are moving there mail to yahoo. At first I thought it was spam but now I'm not so sure. Anyone heard anything about this? I've had a cox.net email account for close to 30 years. My whole life it tied to that account.

Your Cox.net email will soon move to

Yahoo Mail​
We are in the home stretch! Within the next few weeks, Cox's email service and your Cox.net account will transition to Yahoo Mail. You can rest assured knowing you'll keep using your same Cox.net email address. After the move, Yahoo Mail will become your email provider and Cox will no longer manage or support your email services.​
I don’t realize humans integrated with AI so long ago.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Proton Mail, Proton Drive, Proton Pass.
I looked at them a while yesterday. Do you use the one off email addresses you can create for website sign-ups? If I do that can I see the created emails easily? I'm envisioning if I need to call a site about an order or something, first thing they ask is what's your email.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the Yahoo family . . . AT&T made the move years ago. Not that I even use the AT&T email account. :)
Every since COX as been in operation they have screwed the General public. When they continued to raise the price on Re-Run shows and all the LGBT, Mix Marriages, and the like. I have lost interest in TV, I find Youtube videos has more value for FREE.
Anyway back to the net. So when the TV become too expensive I dropped COX TV and went DISH and my internet fee went up like $30. cause I no longer bundled. When I signe a 2 year contract with Dish at the COSTCO warehouse it ended up about the same price but I has a lot more choices to watch. Well after a year, DISH raised my rate another $50 and said I HAD TO BUNDLE. I refused to pay the additional $$ for the next 4 months before they cut the service an turned me to collections. No where can I find I had to bundle after the 1st year. I guess that is why you never seen them back in COSTCO.
Now with all that out of the way. I have a friend who has been on Proton for years. He loves it and does not get much spam. He said the price is worth it, but did not tell me, nor did I ask what he was paying.
So now, maybe I can drop COX all together, and go with another service email provider and go back to the other dish provider and get better tv viewing.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every since COX as been in operation they have screwed the General public. When they continued to raise the price on Re-Run shows and all the LGBT, Mix Marriages, and the like. I have lost interest in TV, I find Youtube videos has more value for FREE.
Anyway back to the net. So when the TV become too expensive I dropped COX TV and went DISH and my internet fee went up like $30. cause I no longer bundled. When I signe a 2 year contract with Dish at the COSTCO warehouse it ended up about the same price but I has a lot more choices to watch. Well after a year, DISH raised my rate another $50 and said I HAD TO BUNDLE. I refused to pay the additional $$ for the next 4 months before they cut the service an turned me to collections. No where can I find I had to bundle after the 1st year. I guess that is why you never seen them back in COSTCO.
Now with all that out of the way. I have a friend who has been on Proton for years. He loves it and does not get much spam. He said the price is worth it, but did not tell me, nor did I ask what he was paying.
So now, maybe I can drop COX all together, and go with another service email provider and go back to the other dish provider and get better tv viewing.
We had DirecTV for years and had to use AtLink wireless broadband for a while until AT&T figured out that we could get uVerse. Then we made the switch to YouTubeTV.

I've used a Gmail account for a long time and while I also have an Outlook account I don't think I'll be switching email accounts anytime soon.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Okla Shooters was tied to my Cox email account. I just moved the email to my main Paid service about a week ago cause of this.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at them a while yesterday. Do you use the one off email addresses you can create for website sign-ups? If I do that can I see the created emails easily? I'm envisioning if I need to call a site about an order or something, first thing they ask is what's your email.

I use the free simplelogin.io for the disposable aliases (which is tied to proton mail), but the aliases are a bit hard to remember. If you upgrade ($30/yr.) you can create custom domain aliases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom