Cox Internet usage issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Upgrade to what? I have the top tier internet plan from them and I have a 300gb limit as well.

Then you don't have the top tier plan. The limit for the top tier plan is 400Gb and in OKC costs $99/month for home (not business) users. That plan also provides a 100Mbs speed as opposed to the plan you're on which is limited to 50Mbs. (at least in OKC - Tulsa may be different)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Tulsa, the top 2 plans are

Cox Internet Premier 100 Mbps down, 10 up $71.99 300 Gb cap
Cox Internet Ultimate 150 Mbps down, 20 up $99.99 400 Gb cap

:D

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you don't have the top tier plan. The limit for the top tier plan is 400Gb and in OKC costs $99/month for home (not business) users. That plan also provides a 100Mbs speed as opposed to the plan you're on which is limited to 50Mbs. (at least in OKC - Tulsa may be different)

Same in Tulsa as OKC.

They sent me a warning Email eventually after 2 consecutive months going over my 'allotted' 300. whcih I wasnt even aware of until the Email. Previous summers that never had happened. We must have faster and more powerful devices now hogging it all between all the people in our house. Cox is pretty cool tho, they let me get over 365 even the 3rd month after warning me at 275 with 9 days still left in the 30 day billing cycle- with an average daily allottment of 10gs that would have been about 2.7gs a day and just one kid was running us over that.

I called them and was told that I should 'assess' my usuage and find ways to conserve as well as any security leaks, etc, and if I wanted I could have gone to the next tier, Pro at 400 ggs, but that would have required scheduling a tech come out, etc. Im only home this much working from home in the summer anyways along with a teen and a college kid only home for summers and occasionally other kids stopping by as fall-winter-spring I'll be gone most of the time out on the road and theyre back in school so I just opted to try to find ways to conserve while we're here. When I looked at out situation tho I could definitely see why we go over. One kid still at home is an online gamer/massive music downloader, the older is a Netflix/music/Facebook junkie, and then me using 2 PCs out in my shop/studio for work and recording, a laptop when in the house or on the couch, and a couple of phones always using Spotify and whatever. Some how though we got it all under control and are just under our 300. Helps that one kid is gone back to college now and the other is gone all day and evening at school and work plus I'll be leaving soon and it will just be momma/the boss and the dogs here- after a hard day at the office she just likes to sit in her bed playing games or Facebooking on her phone or tablet so shes no problem, plus she gets a pass cause shes the boss. And with the NetGearGenie app that I recently put on my phone in the future I can control my wireless hubs passwords and basically whoever gets on and off wherever Im at from my phones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom