Not exactly cord cutting, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kicking DirecTV Streaming App to the curb, finally. Still have the overpriced Cox Internet though b/c SWIMBO still works from home. DTV started off at $49/mo when I first started it after I bought my Roku. Now it's at $95/mo and they won't budge off the price.

So let me ask all of you Roku/TV experts out there, is there anything out there that takes the place (sort of) for the likes of DirecTV? SWIMBO isn't too happy that she can't watch Andy Taylor every evening.

I know I should probably to back to OTA channels, but I'm not very edumacaed in that regard to what's out there.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If by Andy Taylor you mean Sheriff Andy Taylor, you can catch that every evening on METV, the Roku channel and more for free.

EDIT, Sorry not free on the Roku channel but it is on METV at 7 and 7:30.

Last edited:

GutsonBorglum

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Andy Griffith show? If so it is on Pluto? Pluto is free and tries to mimic cable. Pluto even has a TV guide and so many channels (with ads) plus streaming. It really is like low rent cable. Tubi is like Netflix but free (with ads). Tubi has more shows than Netflix but not as many new shows. Others are the Roku channel, Crackle, youtube, local PBS and/or library channel plus a pay streamer like Netflix, Hulu or HBO Max and that covers most of it. You can add a TV antenna if you want. I pay for Netflix and Hulu. I will occasionally add additional networks for a short time and jump from one to the other. I did Showtime for their one week trial period and cancelled it before the trial period was even up. It was not even worth a week. Live sports is about all you will find a difficulty with.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If by Andy Taylor you mean Sheriff Andy Taylor, you can catch that every evening on METV, the Roku channel and more for free.

EDIT, Sorry not free on the Roku channel but it is on METV at 7 and 7:30.
MeTV is on channel 5.2 in the OKC area and 23.2 in the Tulsa area.

ETA: had the wrong subchannels listed. What I originally posted would've implied that ABC had any programming worth a flip, and we know that ain't true.

Last edited:

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I read the post too fast. If you want just reruns and such, Tubi and others will do. OTA will get you the current networks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom