Not exactly cord cutting, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2119.jpeg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch for advertisements in the programs too. All will be drinking Coke with the label always towards the camera or make mention of their "Ford" pickup and get paid each time it's said.
The absolute worst for that was the reboot of Hawaii Five-0. They whored themselves out to anybody who could scratch a check: every time a vehicle rolled up, they had an obvious beauty shot to make sure you knew it was a Chevy, and when they needed to search for something, they said "let me Bing that" (even though actual Bing users didn't even say that). The worst one of all, the one that got me to turn the channel and not go back, was when they had the food truck owner sitting at a table next to his truck--not only was the table loaded with perfectly-wrapped Subway sandwiches, but they also had him singing the praise of Subway. It was just way too far over the top.

I mean, product placement is nothing new; car companies had been supplying vehicles to shows for decades, but they were never that "in your face" about it. I mean, Ford supplied the vehicles for Jack Lord's original, but you just saw them appear naturally in the show, not screeching up to a closeup of the car's badging, and they only got called out in the end credits...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cut DirectTV and went streaming with an Amazon Fire Cube and get all the news, westerns, youtube, classic movies, modern movies, and more plus local channels all with internet.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to antenna, Netflix (wife), Amazon Prime (wife), Disney (Kid), MyOutdoorTV (Me). Think its about $40 a month, will switch to a new one once we are bored with the ones we have.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cut DirectTV and went streaming with an Amazon Fire Cube and get all the news, westerns, youtube, classic movies, modern movies, and more plus local channels all with internet.

Seems like the AFC would be a lot like the Roku all over again. I can't do 4K and I won't do Alexa.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stream off my brother’s YT TV on the rare occasion I watch TV (the occasional OU game). Doesn’t cost a dime. I use a Leaf antenna for local news. The wife watches regular YouTube all the time. I don’t pay for TV at all. Last time I watched a movie was around 15 years ago.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have ordered at least 4 inside antennas from Amazon and none worked and I am only an est 15 miles from OKC. I just sent back one that cost $41.00. I am looking for an inside antenna that will function properly, any recommendations?

Latest posts

Top Bottom