Crappie day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Structure fishing like 90% of winter fishing requires excellent electronics, or a great memory of where and what time of the year, and how deep they were in the past.
My favorite spot of all time during the spawn has been one tree stump in 4' of water. Caught hundreds off that stump. Never knew why it was so good until getting good electronics with a hi def down scanner.
What I found is that it sits next to a 28' deep creek channel that has brush all up and down the side. The fish just move up and down the bank depending on the water temps and the timing of the spawn.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little early for the culverts. Bad thing is that when I leave the plant, I go north. Never see the vehicles ganged up on them. I'll keep an eye on the water temps coming into the intake. When it gets around 65-70 I'll let you know.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you with lakes full of water, could someone post a picture so those of us in "exceptional drought water rationing" SW OK can see what one looks like? :violin:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Temps this past week got me wanting to get the boat out and wet a hook, but never could get loose from the chainsaw. I could sure go for a bunch of fried crappie and a pot of beans.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck no, catching them is half the fun of it. Bush beans... c'mon now. That is borderline insulting! Got to have home made beans with fresh fish. Throw in some drippings from the smoker, and a little brisket crumbled in. Damn, makin myself hungry now.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw the Bush's Beans, your makin the beans!!!!!!! I have the crappie fillets. I have to been back down to see a customer at MAAD within a week and I am coming to the cabin to clear brush with the tractor. Might even have a special knife with me too. Sounds like dinner plans in the making.

Latest posts

Top Bottom