Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best/safest way to transport a significant amount of firearms across several state lines when relocating/moving to a new home? I'm contemplating moving back to Ohio from Oklahoma, but I'm concerned about being pulled over by various states' police force(s) who may be inclined to confiscate my firearms/ammo (and/or knives/cutting/chopping instruments) for their own personal benefit.

I was thinking about using one of those shipping container services where I pack it and I lock it (and only I have a key) while they transport it to my new home and park it in the driveway for me. Has anyone ever used this kind of service?

I suppose I watch too many YouTube videos where the police (usually highway patrol) make up bogus reasons to pull people over and coerce them into agreeing to vehicle searches or call in drug sniffing dogs and force the dogs to false alert on the vehicle so they can search and when they find nothing in the end they drive off leaving all the guy's belongings strewn all over the roadside and their car seats slit open in multiple spots where they probed for 'hidden drugs.' Of course the police mostly target vehicles with out-of-state tags.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1692761044215.png

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think you have nothing to worry about if all the guns were legal for you to own. You may have many more guns than what we think is/are normal. Gun show guys put them in truck bed, back of suv, trunk of car, or pull a covered trailer. Police normally are regular guys going to work to make money like all other honest Americans. There are always exceptions to the norms. If it were me a uhaul with everything also maybe what I would do. The uhaul type stores have shrink wrap and other things to help protect them while moving. Good luck either way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom