Curious about Handloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you take a handloading seminar?

• yes

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • no

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,
I am just curious about an idea, and need some feedback from OSA members...

I had damaged spinal cord two years ago and so now I have lots of time on my hands....

Question is I have been loading and teaching for about 10yrs, and my adopted father has been loading and teaching since he was in his teen years... he is 77yrs old this year so lots of experience between the two of us....

Now we were thinking of putting on a loading seminar.... on a Saturday,

1) Is there any interest? OKC, Tulsa, maybe Lawton, Enid, Dallas etc...??

2) What do you all think length of class? 6hrs, 8hrs breaks and lunch breaks included

3) It would be very minimal cost to cover venue area... something like $40 to $50

4) You would get hands on experience single stage, manual index, progressive loading...

5) Other class might include advanced techniques like precision loading etc.....

6) safety training, the proper methods for unloading a cartridge...

7) How to use the reference manuals, and examples of the different industry products available???

So please give me some feedback, I am not truing to get rich, I am just trying to fill up all this down time I have....

let me know,
kev

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a great idea, H&H has a reloading class that is 8 hours, you reload 5 or 10 rounds and get to shoot them. They charge 50 bucks I think. I just never had the time to do it. It may also be worth looking it to a group buy for something RCBS ROCK CHUCKER SUPREME MASTER KIT H&H charges 369 for it. If we get enough people maybe we can get a better deal.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but it would have to be an advanced techniques class.

Can't tell you what advanced means though. Hard to describe what one doesn't know that one doesn't know. Confused yet?

Been reloading since 2004 - handgun rounds only.

lance0802

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting into reloading, and I would take a class on how to get started, what are the essentials, gear, etc. I'm in south/central OK, so OKC or Lawton would be great.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I've been at it since '93 and have done bottleneck, straightwall pistol & autopistol. I've got all the toys (no turret press, tho') and load for a couple friends besides me, BUT....I find it's always good to get with others experienced in it. No one ever knows it all, and the more you can pick up (or pass on), the better. Do we have a place to hold such a gathering?

einsteinwv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be on this for sure. If its not too far from tulsa when you did it. I would maybe even take a day off work for it (And I very rarely take off days from work)

Latest posts

Top Bottom