Curious about Handloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you take a handloading seminar?

• yes

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • no

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been handloading since 1973, so I either have 37 years experience - or one years experience 37 times. Sometimes I feel like the latter when things don't turn out so great on some of my projects.:rollingla

My equipment works great, but it is older technology. I wouldn't mind getting in a course so I could see some of the digital scales and state-of-the-art powder measures at work. My scale is a 1976 vintage RCBS, but at least it is magnetic dampened. That was a quantum leap from the old oil dampened scale I had before!

Cedar Creek

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see this more well known through out the population. I live way east and it seems most of the cool things that go on here are in OKC or some place far from me, just my luck.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no stock in H&H, but you might do well to offer them your services. I suspect they could use your expertise, and they have facilities and equipment that might make your presentations more effective.

That, of course, applies only to the OKC market. They are the largest reloading source here, though there are some other sellers that might also be interested.

For myself, I would be interested in some advanced training, with emphasis on larger rifle calibers. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted no,because I've been loading since the early 80's.
I do think folks could get into this.
Made a lot of mistakes back in the day that could have been prevented with good training.
Go for it!:D

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to attend. I have quite a bit of loading equipment that was given to and am interested. Just never have gotten the motivation to get out there and figure it all out. I live on the N side of OKC.

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the early 80's I did some but been away from it for a while. Need new tools and some instruction. Medically retired with time on my hands. I love classes of different sorts that the votech teaches. Knowledge and a bit of time to socalize. Go for it.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know H&H has a class every other tuesday night 530 to 9pm but we were thinking more along the lines of a saturday.... easier for most people to attend...

we would start with the very basics....

My adopted father had his FFL/ATf ammunitions manufactures licenses, he loaded for years as a full time occupation... for Remmington, Norma, winchester, Hornady, yes even they outsource. Not to mention many sheriffs departments and private contracts....

There is not much between the two of us that we have not done or cannot do in ammo... from re-loading 22lr to building wildcat cases, testing CUP pressures, casting, fabrication....etc....

We were just trying to get more people more involved with handloading.... So people understand more about what happens when their gun goes bang. You can honestly get more bang for the buck and hand loaded ammo properly fire formed for the chamber is the most accurate ammo anyway....

A group buy would be an idea ESPECIALLY when we buy componants primers, projectiles, powders, etc.... we are also going to give veterans, OSA members, American legion, VFW discounts....

We are looking at holding the first seminar at the American Legion post.... If all goes well

but it is still in the mix right now....but coming together nicely.... keep the feedback coming...

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if y'all need help with the logistics, lemme know. I'm retired, so have some flexibility. Saturdays wd be good, and maybe another day during the week for those who couldn't make it then. The location will probably be the most critical in trying to get as many folks as possible. Do you think all the Legion Posts in the area, say from El Reno to Harrah and Guthrie to Norman would be amenable to it?

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were going to keep the classes to say a max of 30 to 40.... that is a number we think we could instruct and still be safe and comfortable too big of a class and the personal instruction is out the door.... Besides when loading I want everyone to do it safely which means attention to detail.... easier with a smaller group....

I have all ready talked to the legion posts well three of them and they are all very receptive.... why not rent the hall to me when it would otherwise be empty making no money for the post anyway....

Besides renting from the American Legion is also like donating back to the organization that is there to help Vets....

win -win as I see it....

Latest posts

Top Bottom