Custom 1911 chambered in 40 S&W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraRanch

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
P.s good call on the divorce, congrats.

Thanks! I have been getting that a lot!

The disconnet was rounded and the 1911 guy told me to toss it. He replaced it with a new one when he tuned up the trigger and checked what else was going on. Thanks for explaining all that to me. I really appreciate it. I think most of these issues will be fixed between getting a new barrel and the tune up. But it might still be something I pass down to my ex-stepkids as opposed to selling to some unsuspecting soul. And I might pick up a new 1911. My purple grips will go on any full size model.

Someone asked about the mag. They make 1911 mags in various calibers. I bought two at Wannemachers. I will need to get some 45 ones when I go in April.

Have a wonderful day!
Deborah Stowers
Sierra Ranch, LLC
www.sierraranchok.com

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1744008517425.99593.1155111307&type=3&theater
Deborah Stowers said:
My sweet pistol. Custom 40 S&W on a 1911 frame. Fire Dragon barrel. Awesome purple grips. And shoots everytime. I love it!

My 1911 was having many issues with feeding, not firing when pulling the trigger, and jamming. Now, understand that before we divorced I didn't have lots of time to do anything beside fire a round or two out of it due to working a full time job and working in the business. When I started target shooting I found this gun would not fire normal factory ammo without the above problems.

I had Rick look at it at least twice, even had him fire it once to see what it was doing. Saturday it was acting up. I would pull the trigger and it would not fire, I would pull the hammer back again and it would fire. It was jamming so hard on the next to the last bullet in the mag that it left a 1/4 inch dent. The rounds that did fire were ejecting over my head instead of to the side.

SierraRanch

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused.

When I was working full time and had a business that takes your nights and weekends you don't have time to shoot more than a round or two. I never shot an entire mag out of the gun until after the divorce.

I had someone else try to shoot a mag full out of it while we were married and was told the Magtech ammo was too cheap to fire in my custom gun. I had only shot hollow points he loaded out of the gun to test it before that. I asked him to look at it then and still didn't have time to go shooting.

After we divorced I went target shooting often. (It's fun!) And each time I got it back from repair with him it was progressively worse.

I still love the feel. It fits nicely in my hand. I will NEVER part with my purple grips as that color is not made anymore that I can find.

Hope that helps.

Deborah Stowers
Sierra Ranch, LLC
www.sierraranchok.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom