Custom 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not trying to start an argument here.... BUT does $2000.00 or $3000.00 1911 REALLY shoot that much better than one that didn't cost that amount? I would love to be able to shoot one of them side by side with a stock springer; ( or the like ), and see the difference sometime.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
higgimw said:
I am not trying to start an argument here.... BUT does $2000.00 or $3000.00 1911 REALLY shoot that much better than one that didn't cost that amount? I would love to be able to shoot one of them side by side with a stock springer; ( or the like ), and see the difference sometime.

I've wondered the same thing. I'd figure it's like the Timex/Rolex thing. Sure the Timex keeps time ok...it's just not a Rolex.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Does a Wilson shoot THAT much better than a stock Springer? Yes. The difference may not be noticable in some hands though. . Does a $2,500 Noveske shoot better than a S&W Sport for YOU? Some will find the Noveske more accurate, that it points naturally, and will last longer under higher round counts. When you go from a Les Baer, Wilson, etc to something full house that is built just for YOU, you have to consider the law of diminishing returns as it pertains to YOU. Is it worth it to you?

Consider the old and tired car analogy without getting too literal.

Springer.... Camaro V6

Wilson, Baer, Guncrafter, etc....... Corvette

Full house build by Cywrus, Greyson, Christiansen, Bob Rodgers, Chen, Yost, Chuck Rogers, CT. Brian?....... (Supercar of your choice)

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does a Wilson shoot THAT much better than a stock Springer? Yes. The difference may not be noticable in some hands though. . Does a $2,500 Noveske shoot better than a S&W Sport for YOU? Some will find the Noveske more accurate, that it points naturally, and will last longer under higher round counts. When you go from a Les Baer, Wilson, etc to something full house that is built just for YOU, you have to consider the law of diminishing returns as it pertains to YOU. Is it worth it to you?

Consider the old and tired car analogy without getting too literal.

Springer.... Camaro V6

Wilson, Baer, Guncrafter, etc....... Corvette

Full house build by Cwyrus, Greyson, Christiansen, Bob Rodgers, Chen, Yost, Chuck Rogers, CT. Brian?....... (Supercar of your choice)
This. I used to question this until I shot my first full custom. They really are a cut above and its not something you will understand until you shoot one! Another up and comer in the 1911 game is Lou Biondo @ Business End Customs.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Practically speaking $2,000 covers all the parts of a full on custom gun and the finish give or take a bit. It gives really no overage for the smith's time. I'm not really aware of a Wilson that goes for less than $2,600 or so and keep in mind Wilson isn't really a full on custom gun.

I'd love to see a Rodgers gun before I die, but if not I'm fine with handling Cywrus' 1911's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom