Custom 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my smith is chuck rogers, and he isnt currently accepting any work right now. I believe he is backed up a couple years on actual builds. He will be building me one in the very short future, and a colt frame and slide.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It looks like it's installed backwards.
looks like it, but its pinned properly, so it cant be. Im all about new things and different ways of approaching the standard, thats the way its done, but I cant see why youd want the slope in front; theres more than a few reasons on why not to do that. Im also in no way trying to pick on the guy that made it, Im no-self proclaimed expert on anything.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ramped sights like those used to be in vogue for "speed draws". That was back when good holsters were scarce and molded in or reinforced sight channels were rare. What you gained in a snag free draw was offset by a less than ideal sight picture, particularly in direct sunlight. These days there's no need for a ramped front sight. FWIW, with that sight being "in the white" and unserrated on the ramp, a decent sight picture will be nearly impossible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom