Custom 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mach1soldier

Thought you guys might enjoy some pictures of my latest purchase. It's a hybrid frame and slide that was handfitted and setup for factory ammo. Shoots excellent groups but I need lots of practice. The buttons on the grips are solid sterling silver. My wife loves horses and drives a mustang so they were designed for her. Technically it's her gun. I "give" her all my guns so I have an excuse to buy one for me. It seems to be working so far.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your pistol...ah sorry, your wife's pistol looks great! Oh, I read your post to my wife. She rolled her eyes! I've given hera lot of guns too...LOL. I agree the front site looks rad. More pics please.

M

Mach1soldier

A "friend" of mine builds them for fun in his spare time. There is a pretty prestigious gunsmithing guild that he has wanted to join for kicks. You have to send in three pistols and the check sheet is 6-8 pages long and all very small font. Needless to say this gun was built for sending in but he offered it to me when he thought I was broke and I wasn't lol. Hence it became mine. I will have to get you guys some more details on the sight and some more pictures soon. Basically he only builds them for family members to compete with. I bought it because it was the only one designed for factory ammo at the time.

All of the parts were bought oversize and then handfitted. I think the front sight is a one off piece but I can take more pics and you guys decide.

The gun is pretty sweet. It will feed spent brass so I don't even have to worry about buying dummy rounds to practice misfires.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious who that person is. My 1911 smith is a member of the American Pistolsmiths Guild, and the best 1911 builder in the world, IMO, but most would agree! Hoping to have a one of his complete builds in the next year or two.

M

Mach1soldier

Trdoc, Purchase price was 1500 which is the cost of materials. No labor. He threw in 5-10rd wilson combat magazines and a range bag which weren't included but he was feeling generous. The silver buttons cost me another 200. Mostly the weight of the silver since they are solid and heavy.

You won't know the name since he isn't from Oklahoma and has never sold to the public. I have to ask him if he wants his name on the internet first.
I would love to meet someone sometime who is actually a member of the guild. From what little I understand, it isn't an easy feat to get accepted.

M

Mach1soldier

I'm curious who that person is. My 1911 smith is a member of the American Pistolsmiths Guild, and the best 1911 builder in the world, IMO, but most would agree! Hoping to have a one of his complete builds in the next year or two.

Whats the name and what does he charge for a build? Do you know who he uses for his frames? I wanted a wilson combat but they got a huge order from someone and the waiting list was like 2 years and then they just took them off their website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom