Cycle your CC ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A good way to avoid corrosion is to use nickle plated ammo in your carry weapon/holster/mags - thats why they came up with it in the first place. It was brought out to combat corrosion by ammo left in leather belt loops for long periods of time.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you manually load a round then close the slide the extractor has to travel over the rim of the cartridge, rather than it already being in front of the rim as when a round is loaded from a mag. It's the popping over the cartridge rim that can damage the extractor.

Interesting, and thank you for sharing little tidbits that some of us might have never thought about how that would be different. I think I am OK, I put in a full mag, cycle with the slide, then reload the mag. Do not ever remember manually loading the chamber except on a single shot bolt gun. Thanks for your info of things to think about.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a related issue, what are you supposed to do with the dead deer in such an incident?

What Aviator said, plus if the driver doesn't want it, the GW knows folks in need that do.
Honestly, I've known some that attempted to process a deer that had been killed in a car collision. The meat was so mangled up and blood shot that they got very little usable meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom