Cyrus at the VMAs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to go look at the video to see what all the fuss was about. As many times as she touched herself, I thought Michael Jackson had come back from the dead. Now she dances like she's from "the hood".

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, did I really just get a " don't end a sentence with a prepositional phrase" grammar lesson from this thread? 2nd, I don't know what will smith and his wife are so upset about, they are outspoken advocates of open marriage and are practitioners of such. And lastly, you know that there's nothing better than a drunk, easy white trash chick with daddy issues. Don't act like you wouldn't hit that( well except for our female friend on here). If she is going to make bad life choices, it might as well be with you, right?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this thread is decidedly off track at this point. Clearly we are not paying attention to the real problem.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/08/26/...tv-awards-performance-racist-a-minstrel-show/

In short,

"The shock that Cyrus was peddling wasn’t sex. It was all about race,” Rosen wrote, priming her readers for maximum shock.

“Cyrus has spent a lot of time recently toying with racial imagery,” she adds, revealing the disturbing fact that she sees racial imagery everywhere.

“Her act tipped over into what we may as well just call racism: a minstrel show routine whose ghoulishness was heightened by Cyrus’s madcap charisma, and by the dark beauty of “We Can’t Stop” - by a good distance, the most powerful pop hit of 2013,” Rosen adds.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter has been getting rid of her Hannah Montana stuff for a while now. She is 10 and embarrassed that she ever like her. She says that Miley has ruined her life with drugs and sex.

My girl is smart.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now she dances like she's from "the hood".

That's quite a short sighted way of putting it. It has nothing to do with neigborhood, creed, race, religion, ect...
I you have a daughter, granddaughter, niece, sister, or even know a female between the age of 14-24... Chances are theyve twerked it up at one point or another. It's not a hood thing, it's a popular way of dancing these days. Think of it like the hustle back in your day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom