Cz58/cz2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Palmetto State Armory has been advertising a VZ58 copy made by Century and calling it a VZ2008 for $399.00. I know Century has a reputation about their rifles being assembled by drunk trained moneys, but after watching youtubes and visiting a few different websites, I've only found one or two bad comments.

Any experiences? Comments?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's one of the few Century rifles with a good reputation. I like the Czech D-Technik rifles, but would (and almost did) take one of the VZ2008s. I thought the $399 rifles have been sold out for a while. With the 5 mags that are/were offered, that's one hell of a deal.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PSA has never sold out of the $399 VZ2008 rifles. I bought one and like it a lot for the price. I just wonder how many of these rifles they must have due to how long the sale has been going. Good deal regardless!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some features about it I like. The milled receiver, the open top like a beretta, the bolt hold open on the last round and the folding stock. I don't know if magazines would be a problem since they don't interchange with the AK.

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love mine. One difference from an AK (not mentioned) is that the CZ/VZ 58-CZ2008 is striker fired. Even with milled receiver, at 6 lbs. or so, it is lighter than most AKs and seems to have less recoil. Mine has the folding stock which some people have a tough time getting use to. It is fine for me. There is also a conversion kit available to convert it to AR-15 type stocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom