D-Day......June 6, 1944.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pause a moment today to remember those that gave their lives on D-Day.

dd3.jpg

dd1.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Each year, I wonder how many vets who went ashore that day are still with us. The youngest would now be at least 94 or 95 if they lied about their age to join.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are interested in the happings of D-Day and you have not read The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan, you should.

It was a little difficult to find the last time I tried to buy a copy for someone, but if you look hard enough it’s out there. I’ve read it several times, and it is always a great read.

You can’t overstate the importance of the Allies’ success that day. It changed the World. We should be forever grateful.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are interested in the happings of D-Day and you have not read The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan, you should.
I’ll second that recommendation—it’s an outstanding book. It looks like Amazon currently has it combined with A Bridge Too Far in hardback for $39.99.

The long sobs of the violins of autumn
Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

It was a little difficult to find the last time I tried to buy a copy for someone, but if you look hard enough it’s out there. I’ve read it several times, and it is always a great read.

You can’t overstate the importance of the Allies’ success that day. It changed the World. We should be forever grateful.
https://www.amazon.com/The-Longest-...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1686065410&sr=8-1

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Each year, I wonder how many vets who went ashore that day are still with us. The youngest would now be at least 94 or 95 if they lied about their age to join.
We saw the last of the survivors of "The Great War" pass from this world only a short time ago.
I expect to still be around when the last of the survivors of WWII also pass beyond the veil. All of the WWII veterans from my family are now gone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We saw the last of the survivors of "The Great War" pass from this world only a short time ago.
I expect to still be around when the last of the survivors of WWII also pass beyond the veil. All of the WWII veterans from my family are now gone.
Gone from my family as well, but they served in the Pacific.

Latest posts

Top Bottom