Dadgum Methodists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other bizarre situation is that it won't be until the global UMC conference at the end of 2024 gathers to vote to accept the new woke agenda or stay with the traditional rules. However any church deciding it wishes to leave the UMC must vote to do so by Dec. 2023. So you don't know for sure which doctrine you are leaving. You may have paid all the costs to leave only to find out they vote to stay traditional. It was originally believed that the conservative members would vote to remain traditional. Most of the other countries have very conservative beliefs. However over the last year or so the liberals have gained the upper hand. The rich liberal leaning countries have pressured the poorer conservative countries to vote to accept the new doctrine or risk loosing needed money doled out buy the mothership to keep them afloat. It is now expected the conference will vote to accept the woke rules.
What's the punishment if you said, 'Yeah, OK boss. We'll do what you want" then just teach as you have been and ignore their new trail to blazes?

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow Wow Wow , they say DON'T talk about religion or politics....But , here's my take.....Religion is a way of controlling the masses , Yes or No ??.....does a civilized society need a God to teach Right from Wrong , Yes or No ??....personally i was brought up in a VERY religious / believing family....i consider myself a Believer in Belief , although i do understand evolution , I also know for a fact there are No Athiests in Foxholes....actually i always thought NO religion taught BAD , until our country started bowing down to these radicle groups......Why do "THEY' want to kill all but themselves , Why is it acceptable for men / woman to 2 marry each other & to also become the opposite of their birth.......Now we have dual rest-rooms.......
All i can say is H--- S--- !!!!!!!!! We need to take 3 GIANT steps Backwards......
If i Offended Anyone , TOUGH S--- , TOO Bad I'm Allowed !!!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@kingfish heres a thought. Not sure if this would work for you guys but I can see how it would work at my church. We have Sunday School at 9:30 and church service at 10:30. Why couldn’t another congregation worship at our church and do just the opposite having church worship at 9:30 and Sunday School at 10:30? Even though I’m a city mouse I come from a pretty long line of countryfied Okies and I’ve heard stories from my grandfather and great-grandfather how in these small town churches back in the 20s or 30s there would be only one church in town and the pastors in the area would rotate. One Sunday you’d hear the Presbyterian pastor, next week the Baptist and the next week the Methodist. If you guys decided to leave I wonder if you could partner with another church if only on a temporary basis until you could get a more permanent facility?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the punishment if you said, 'Yeah, OK boss. We'll do what you want" then just teach as you have been and ignore their new trail to blazes?
Initially nothing really changes. Some members have told me they would walk away under the principle of the matter. Most would probably just take a wait and see position. The UMC has a policy of rotating out their clergy every few years. If the Oklahoma Bishop wanted to push the issue, he could send us a sis-gendered same sex married pastor. Not really a likely scenario knowing they probably would kill off the church and the Okla. state conference is conservative and will vote that way. The most likely problem would be that some activist would try to force the issue by asking our pastor to perform a same sex marriage in our church. If he refuses, they could raise a stink causing him to be relieved and not sure what they would do to the church as a whole. Maybe take back the building and dissolving the current membership role. You would then have to reapply for membership and take a training course following the woke agenda before you could rejoin. That likely be the death knell for the church.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Initially nothing really changes. Some members have told me they would walk away under the principle of the matter. Most would probably just take a wait and see position. The UMC has a policy of rotating out their clergy every few years. If the Oklahoma Bishop wanted to push the issue, he could send us a sis-gendered same sex married pastor. Not really a likely scenario knowing they probably would kill off the church and the Okla. state conference is conservative and will vote that way. The most likely problem would be that some activist would try to force the issue by asking our pastor to perform a same sex marriage in our church. If he refuses, they could raise a stink causing him to be relieved and not sure what they would do to the church as a whole. Maybe take back the building and dissolving the current membership role. You would then have to reapply for membership and take a training course following the woke agenda before you could rejoin. That likely be the death knell for the church.
Yeah, all that takes time I'd bet. If a pastor were to, and not saying he should, but if he were so inclined....he could start putting back cash, teach what he knows is right, and by the time he's getting "relieved" of duty he could afford to rent time at a new church or restaurant etc.

Then every other Sunday just start saying "Y'all remember we're having service at Bob's Bunion Barn down the street next week! We'll have BBQ after the service. Don't miss it!"

By the time he's gone everyone will know where he's having church and they can come support Christ without Big Brother telling them they can't get through the door without bowing to the new rainbow crowd. Also BBQ helps soothe the wounds of leaving a demonination you loved for so long.

Heck, BBQ and Christ (in reverse order) can solve most any problem, come to think of it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen churches torn apart and some fold. Not from woke, but people, gossip, starting falsehoods, feelings of superiority.

In my experience, church IS exactly like goobermint. Communist Doctrine reads as a utopia. The one thing Marx overlooked (and later in life, admitted) was the involvement of man.

The problem with the woke is wanting to twist, interpret, change the Word to meet their wants.

The 10 Commandments doesn't end with "choose ANY 7".

I have attended Baptist, Christain, Methodist, Nazareth, Lutheran, Church of Christ and Cowboy church. They each have their own interpretation, at times. I have spoke with Pastors about what they spoke vs what I believe the Bible says.

We had attended a church where envelopes for each FAMILY MEMBER weekly offering was printed with name and date. On Sunday, the Pastor spoke of the envelopes, stated "that you came to church or not, your envelope was EXPECTED, so the church could track your giving and know you were doing what was REQUIRED."
We never went back.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@kingfish heres a thought. Not sure if this would work for you guys but I can see how it would work at my church. We have Sunday School at 9:30 and church service at 10:30. Why couldn’t another congregation worship at our church and do just the opposite having church worship at 9:30 and Sunday School at 10:30? Even though I’m a city mouse I come from a pretty long line of countryfied Okies and I’ve heard stories from my grandfather and great-grandfather how in these small town churches back in the 20s or 30s there would be only one church in town and the pastors in the area would rotate. One Sunday you’d hear the Presbyterian pastor, next week the Baptist and the next week the Methodist. If you guys decided to leave I wonder if you could partner with another church if only on a temporary basis until you could get a more permanent facility?
Your ideas have been tossed around in informal discussions amongst some members. We are really in a holding pattern right now until we start trying to get a serious headcount as to how the members would vote. One of my friends that has been a member since wayback thinks it would be close. Oddly most of the younger members with families have already left the church because our previous pastor was liberal leaning on the gay thing as one of his sisters is gay. They did not want their children being taught in those beliefs. They would be lost conservative votes. Most of us olders just let it slide and believed what we wanted. We have since gotten a new pastor that much more conservative, but the young members have already established new connections at new churches and have not returned.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, all that takes time I'd bet. If a pastor were to, and not saying he should, but if he were so inclined....he could start putting back cash, teach what he knows is right, and by the time he's getting "relieved" of duty he could afford to rent time at a new church or restaurant etc.

Then every other Sunday just start saying "Y'all remember we're having service at Bob's Bunion Barn down the street next week! We'll have BBQ after the service. Don't miss it!"

By the time he's gone everyone will know where he's having church and they can come support Christ without Big Brother telling them they can't get through the door without bowing to the new rainbow crowd. Also BBQ helps soothe the wounds of leaving a demonination you loved for so long.

Heck, BBQ and Christ (in reverse order) can solve most any problem, come to think of it.
Yep, that is a real possibility only our current pastor is old enough to retire now and likely would. The new church of the former members, whatever that would consist of, could try to hire him, but in reality I think the membership would just fracture and move on to other churches in the area.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We never went back.

I wouldn’t ether, that’s just awful and not scriptural. At our last church they did away with passing the plate and put a giving box at the church entrance. If you wanted to give then that’s where it went. The pastor didn’t like the idea of passing the offering plate which could intimidate someone into giving when it wasn’t coming from a joyful heart which is the only kind money God wants. God truly blessed that church and within two years giving was close $3,000,000.00 which allowed us to spread the word to Judea (Yorba Linda), Samaria (Mexico) and to the remotest parts of the world (Kosovo, China and South America, etc…).

Latest posts

Top Bottom