Dadgum Methodists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand how people can believe that the word of God can bend to popular opinion. By it's very nature the word of God is unpopular, it is not fun, it is not easy, it is often harsh and brutal for that is the nature of truth. If it was about doing "what feels good" then we wouldn't need God and could joyfully descend into the hedonism and chaos of our fallen nature.

As Christ said in Matt 10/22: "And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved."

If your church if falling to globohomo, I would quit. I wouldn't just walk away, but in addition cause a confrontation. Let the pastor know that he is a heretic and a servant of the devil. After all it is a sin to stay silent in the face of evil, and Jesus himself had a pretty good upheaval at the temple. View attachment 323048
The same people that believe that the Constitution of the United States is a "living breathing document" subject to interpretation by modern morays and global belief systems.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, that is a real possibility only our current pastor is old enough to retire now and likely would. The new church of the former members, whatever that would consist of, could try to hire him, but in reality I think the membership would just fracture and move on to other churches in the area.

Served on several boards and committees and sponsored the youth group at my last church. Helped burn the mortgage in the parking lot too. It’s hard to explain to a non-Methodist what it’s like to be a Methodist church. You’ve done a good job here, and I wish you well, good luck and God’s speed.

I left the Methodist church several years ago when our pastor got into it with Bishop Blake and the district super over these same issues and he left the church. I left with him but he moved to Fla to a non-denominational church. This isn’t new, but it’s continued to get worse and worse. I no longer recognize the UMC as the church I grew up in. I spoke with the district superintendent and the Bishop. I might go back to an independent Methodist church but after those conversations I’ll never be a member at a UMC ever again unless or until something changes.

Again, good Luck!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a lot of churches leave me. I grew up going to church every Sunday and I was very active until I went off to college. I got a job in LE and my eyes were opened to the hypocrites. I tried several churches wherever I moved to and was extremely disappointed with the infighting and cliques that formed. I stayed away from all the drama because I didn't think it appropriate or necessary to grow a church. I eventually stopped going to a brick and mortar place to worship and will continue to love God on my own.

These differences of opinion are exactly what the devil is nurturing to split up all the churches and Christ believers. Even though the Bible says to hate the sin and love the sinner, the fringe point out, and use against us, Jesus would have ignored their deviant behavior and still welcomed them into his flock. Then if you welcome them into the flock, you have to afford them equal standing in the eyes of the Lord thus they can hold high positions and thereby be accepted by the church doctrine.

From this website:
https://get.bible/blog/post/idea-32-one-bible-with-many-churches-denominations-and-sects

1669487335473.png

For starters, let’s not forget that denominations are made up of churches, which are made up of people, who often just do not get along. Like everyone else, Christians struggle with pride, selfishness, stubbornness, the desire to wield power, and hypocrisy, so they sometimes respond to their disagreements poorly.
This has often led to debates and divisions within churches and denominations, which in turn lead to the creation of new churches and denominations. It’s an unfortunate situation but a reality, given human nature. Christianity, of course, is not alone in this; almost every religion is divided and subdivided into major groups for the same reasons.
Beyond all that, Christians sometimes have legitimate disagreements about beliefs or practices that are more secondary in nature: What does baptism mean and who should be baptized? How should believers structure their local churches? Who should fill leadership roles? How often should the faithful practice Holy Communion? How should Christians interpret certain passages of Scripture?
God’s Word is the solid rock upon which the Church stands.

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our local church is going through an upheaval thanks to the latest things being ignored and accepted by some of the Bishops. Just wondering if any of you all’s churches are having the same issues.
A church should NEVER become a social club, and teach what ever is politically correct that DAY! That is not the easy way, but it is the COWBOY CHRISTIAN WAY! Many. many people have suffered, and died, in the most dreadful ways imagionable, rather than denie their Christion Princaples! Jusy my opinion!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t ether, that’s just awful and not scriptural. At our last church they did away with passing the plate and put a giving box at the church entrance. If you wanted to give then that’s where it went. The pastor didn’t like the idea of passing the offering plate which could intimidate someone into giving when it wasn’t coming from a joyful heart which is the only kind money God wants. God truly blessed that church and within two years giving was close $3,000,000.00 which allowed us to spread the word to Judea (Yorba Linda), Samaria (Mexico) and to the remotest parts of the world (Kosovo, China and South America, etc…).

Our local Nazarene church has the giving box in the foyer. Plain, white envelopes, where offering are unanimous and dropped in the slot. A member / person may see you drop an envelope, but that is all they know.

An offering / gift is just that. Your GIFT, not a tax. A gift between you and God, nobody else.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our local Nazarene church has the giving box in the foyer. Plain, white envelopes, where offering are unanimous and dropped in the slot. A member / person may see you drop an envelope, but that is all they know.

An offering / gift is just that. Your GIFT, not a tax. A gift between you and God, nobody else.
I can't imagine a world without the Christian Church! If things keep going like they have been, we could see that I fear? I suspect it would be a lot like HELL?

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't imagine a world without the Christian Church! If things keep going like they have been, we could see that I fear? I suspect it would be a lot like HELL?
I believe that event is called The Rapture and I can’t wait for it to come. Even lost 55 pounds so I wouldn’t be so hard to lift. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom