Damn Mice😖

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I use, Victor is the brand, it’s called “Tin cat “ I have four around the outside of the house, one inside the pump house, four inside my shop. Some times I don’t even put any bait in them and still catch mice. They check in but they don’t check out. When I catch any I fill a square bucket with some water and give them swimming lessons by placing the trap in the bucket. None of them have ever graduated.View attachment 509113View attachment 509114View attachment 509115
Those are great traps but hard to find instock anywhere. All I can ever find are the plastic versions which suck azz.

I have also had really good luck using the 5gal bucket with a can suspended in the center, espectially outside with larger field meeces

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang! Home from the road for a week and found evidence of a mouse in the RV. I set three glue traps and two snap traps to catch them today.
Is there anything someone can spray on the ground around a vehicle or RV to repel those rodents before they gain access?

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They got into my pickup that I didn't drive much since I had my wife's old Honda that was a lot better on gas- had to get a GM guy to find the wire trouble they caused. Also has an older Mustang that I would just put a half dozen of those rat/mice packs on the motor every few weeks. They are a pain.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang! Home from the road for a week and found evidence of a mouse in the RV. I set three glue traps and two snap traps to catch them today.
Is there anything someone can spray on the ground around a vehicle or RV to repel those rodents before they gain access?

Yes there are some products for that. I’ve tried a couple (peppermint , garlic, etc) but since my RV is outside under a carport I think rain etc diluted it and had to be repeated often. I finally keep poison blocks in areas under, inside cabinets etc

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes there are some products for that. I’ve tried a couple (peppermint , garlic, etc) but since my RV is outside under a carport I think rain etc diluted it and had to be repeated often. I finally keep poison blocks in areas under, inside cabinets etc
I've done the peppermint spray on everything that touches the ground. It seemed to work for awhile, but I think they found it wouldn't hurt them and came on in.
We have a thread about dogs chewing through fences. I love some of the alternative responses like guillotines but the little rodents probably won't hold for that treatment. LOL!
A repeated application of ammonia sounds promising, but that stuff may keep humans (us) from the area as well, but not unwilling to try that if that is the case.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been through it with mice out here. Our house is old and has a crawl space. We had to trash a gas range once because mice got into it and peed on the insulation inside the metal walls.

One time a mouse died under our fridge by getting stuck in the compressor fan. His dead body locked up the fan and overheated the compressor.

Sticky traps and snap traps weren’t very effective. But for the last few years we’ve kept 3 or 4 outdoor cats around. The cats are highly effective and we almost never see mouse sign. Only problem is the coyotes kill the cats sometimes so we usually have to replace 1 or 2 a year lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been through it with mice out here. Our house is old and has a crawl space. We had to trash a gas range once because mice got into it and peed on the insulation inside the metal walls.

One time a mouse died under our fridge by getting stuck in the compressor fan. His dead body locked up the fan and overheated the compressor.

Sticky traps and snap traps weren’t very effective. But for the last few years we’ve kept 3 or 4 outdoor cats around. The cats are highly effective and we almost never see mouse sign. Only problem is the coyotes kill the cats sometimes so we usually have to replace 1 or 2 a year lol
I'm a huge hater of cats but I respect what you have done for the record. A friend has suggested a cats as he has one. Doesn't feed it, doesn't give it water, yet it has survived for years.
To survive, it has to eat rodents and whatever.
The issue with us having a cat is the wife. She would have to feed and water it with premium food to the point it wouldn't hunt to survive.
Cats won't happen here.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG my infestation/invasion started in the fall of 2022 I was killing 2 or 3 a week for months and then it tapered off a bit. I lost count at 70+. I still have killed a few here and there. I am use to having one or three come up in the fall but that period was horrible. And here is the kicker I live in the middle of Norman on the third story. Only one of my first floor neighbors has a cat, so why were they terrorizing me, I haven't a clue. My landlord was at a loss to explain it also. I really thought Stuart Little was air dropping them from a little C-130 to my roof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom