Damn Mice😖

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a huge hater of cats but I respect what you have done for the record. A friend has suggested a cats as he has one. Doesn't feed it, doesn't give it water, yet it has survived for years.
To survive, it has to eat rodents and whatever.
The issue with us having a cat is the wife. She would have to feed and water it with premium food to the point it wouldn't hunt to survive.
Cats won't happen here.
We had cats at the farm for one reason rats and mice. We never fed them or watered them. If they survived, they had to fend for themselves. I hate cats.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are great traps but hard to find instock anywhere. All I can ever find are the plastic versions which suck azz.

I have also had really good luck using the 5gal bucket with a can suspended in the center, espectially outside with larger field meeces
S&S farm center usually has them in stock. They are located on S. Beard Street in Shawnee. That’s the only place that I have seen them. I’m not sure about the feed store on 177 and Hardesty Road in Shawnee…… haven’t been there in a long time.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been through it with mice out here. Our house is old and has a crawl space. We had to trash a gas range once because mice got into it and peed on the insulation inside the metal walls.

One time a mouse died under our fridge by getting stuck in the compressor fan. His dead body locked up the fan and overheated the compressor.

Sticky traps and snap traps weren’t very effective. But for the last few years we’ve kept 3 or 4 outdoor cats around. The cats are highly effective and we almost never see mouse sign. Only problem is the coyotes kill the cats sometimes so we usually have to replace 1 or 2 a year lol
Maybe you should think about getting bigger cats. Just my two cents.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are great traps but hard to find instock anywhere. All I can ever find are the plastic versions which suck azz.

I have also had really good luck using the 5gal bucket with a can suspended in the center, espectially outside with larger field meeces

Atwood’s did carry the metal ones.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My response to turkryrun : I tried moth balls for awhile in my tractors, in the engine and dashboard areas. I put them in old socks to concentrate them and make it easier to emplace. I discontinued moth balls when I discovered the moth balls at one end of a sock, and a cozy mouse nest at the other end of the same sock. AS I POSTED EARLIER, USE “ ICEY HOT “ spray-roll on or paste……. Like spray to cover wires and hard to reach areas. Probably any mentholated product would work …..my trial and error ( tried lots of internet suggestions, which didn’t work ). ❄️ ICEY HOT BABY 🔥

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emptied everything out of the garage at my cabin property today to get a handle on the mouse and snake problem INSIDE. i found 4 snake skins but no snakes. I then used a granular product I got at Lumber 2 called Snake-Away. Ingredients were 7% Napthalene, 28% Sulfur. I think I'll take some moth balls....crush them and mix with used kitty litter ( wife has an indoor cat ). I bet sprinkled outside doors and at corners ( metal building) will keep snakes and mice repelled.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Icy-Hot sprayed in copious quantities into jock straps, by a PO'D equipment manager owned by certain bullies, certainly made them aware of not wanting to be in the situation.

Somewhat similar situation to the redneck, on his honeymoon, grabbed the Vicks, instead of the KY.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1725934934418.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom