Dangerous Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is everyday for me. I open the gate to the driveway and here they come. The day before yesterday I went to the Sheriffs's office and filed a complaint. Such nice, responsible neighbors with their dogs, eh?

i.imgur.com_2smOtut.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was really close this time. I should have shot the dog when he got to my truck, but I didn't. This is the one that attacked my wife's German Shepherd in our front yard last year, inflicting $600 in vet bills. I told that family I wouldn't seek damages if they put up a decent fence for their dogs. Now, everything is changing. I don't want to shoot the dogs, instead I want to handle this legally.

i.imgur.com_mRSrcrh.jpg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this thread wont devolve into people 'joking' about poisoning the dogs. But sadly, this is OSA, so i'm sure it will shortly.

Pepper spray (or bear spray for the range) works well at breaking some bad habits.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They come out onto a public right away and are threatening. Kill them on the spot. That is legal.

If you want to be nice a few times. Ammonia in a good sprayer will teach them to leave you alone. But Dogs are smart, they may leave you alone, but the next person they won't. Letting such Dogs run loose is pure stupidity on the owners of them.

But that Black Pit on the road should have died right there.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this thread wont devolve into people 'joking' about poisoning the dogs. But sadly, this is OSA, so i'm sure it will shortly.

Pepper spray (or bear spray for the range) works well at breaking some bad habits.

My neighbors would not understand that. We called the Sheriff's this morning, to follow up on the complaint we filed. Now, I have never filed a complaint in my life, until the day before yesterday. As it was explained to me, I stand on very firm legal ground.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were just me I'd use bear spray and escalate from there as needed. But since I have 6, 8 & 9 year old little girls that love to play outside.... The dogs would be gone after the first and only warning I would give the owner.

OSA likes to joke "often in poor taste" but most here would agree you have to be a sick SOB to poison any creature. Torture the owner if you like but not the animal.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, all of the advice I have received from OSA is legal. I have the legal option to shoot the dogs. I considered ordering bear spray and rubber bullets, but the owners wouldn't understand. As the Sheriff's office explained it to me, my legal options go beyond shooting the dogs. And I am on very firm legal ground here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom