• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Dead thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The waiting list at BC Clark for a stainless in black is about a year. I'm on the waiting list for a GMT Pepsi which I was told is about a 2 year wait. A stainless Daytona is the longest wait at around 3 years.

For used, Bob's is popular but David SW also has a strong reputation for Rolex. I bought my 116610 from David in unworn condition with the plastics still on it.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The waiting list at BC Clark for a stainless in black is about a year. I'm on the waiting list for a GMT Pepsi which I was told is about a 2 year wait. A stainless Daytona is the longest wait at around 3 years.

For used, Bob's is popular but David SW also has a strong reputation for Rolex. I bought my 116610 from David in unworn condition with the plastics still on it.
I think you’d be lucky to get a stainless Daytona in 3 years

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Dad used to break wrist watches several times a year, the local jewelry store talked him into buying a used rolex, it never broke but the crystal broke about 4 times before he went back to watches that cost less than the replacement crystal, I prefer Tissot watches myself, especially their mechanical pocket watches

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
my Dad used to break wrist watches several times a year, the local jewelry store talked him into buying a used rolex, it never broke but the crystal broke about 4 times before he went back to watches that cost less than the replacement crystal, I prefer Tissot watches myself, especially their mechanical pocket watches
I have a tissot V8 chronograph. One of my nicer watches.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Saw a show on tv the other night where a guy had bought a Rolex in the 70’s for $350. He had the original box, paperwork, and the watch was pristine. Estimated value for this particular one was $600,000. I’ve always wanted a Rolex but settled for a nice Tag Heuer in 1990 for $600. It’s well worn now but still have the box and paperwork. I’ll pass it on to my grandson when I’m gone. I’m wearing an Apple Watch now that I’m addicted to but wear the Tag once in while when feeling nostalgic. I love the old classic watches.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
8100 for a watch, after waiting for years...To each his own. I’d rather have more NFA items or fund iras for the year. Maybe if absolutely everything else was covered. I have to use/play with my toys, I’d be afraid to use one.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
8100 for a watch, after waiting for years...To each his own. I’d rather have more NFA items or fund iras for the year. Maybe if absolutely everything else was covered. I have to use/play with my toys, I’d be afraid to use one.
Understand your thinking, but surprisingly some watches are good investments and you can use them. just like anything else, don’t abuse them

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks all for the replies, ended up with the “American Psycho” 16233. Can’t wait for it to come in, bought out of state but was a deal I couldn’t turn down.
The Submariner is beautiful, but couldn’t justify the price since I don’t dive or anything. I got the DJ for half the price.
I may look for a Moon Phase Omega in a few more years for a larger watch, but 36mm is perfect for a nice dress watch for now.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Is there a place in Okc to take a watch to see if it is a fake?

I have my fathers Omega Seamaster but I feel like there was a story about its authenticity. I think he bought it in the early 60’s and wore it every day for more than 50 years, so whether it is real or not it is still valuable to me.

I’m just curious more than anything, I quit wearing a watch for the most part years ago but it still works to this day and I keep thinking I will wear it one day.
BC Clark, or may check online for an Authenticator. Fakes from that long ago were terrible quality, so very highly likely wouldn’t still be working now, so if it’s still holding accurate time and hasn’t been serviced for 50 years, that’s amazing.
If you ever want to part with it, fake or not, I love a watch with a cool back story!

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saw a show on tv the other night where a guy had bought a Rolex in the 70’s for $350. He had the original box, paperwork, and the watch was pristine. Estimated value for this particular one was $600,000. I’ve always wanted a Rolex but settled for a nice Tag Heuer in 1990 for $600. It’s well worn now but still have the box and paperwork. I’ll pass it on to my grandson when I’m gone. I’m wearing an Apple Watch now that I’m addicted to but wear the Tag once in while when feeling nostalgic. I love the old classic watches.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've seen it. Pretty cool video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom