• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Dead thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy777

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
C3E7647D-8769-4252-BF21-404CF2341778.jpeg

Got to pick up my bluesy on Monda!

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well, besides the obvious BC Clarks, you have Watches Etc in Bethany. I've purchased from both with zero issues and good prices and good people.
B.C. Clark quoted me full MSRP on both a Tudor BB 58 and an Omega SMP Diver 300m, take it or leave it. I thanked them for their time and bought elsewhere for a few thousand less. I am, however, on the waiting list with them for a no-date Sub which should happen around my retirement date.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
B.C. Clark quoted me full MSRP on both a Tudor BB 58 and an Omega SMP Diver 300m, take it or leave it. I thanked them for their time and bought elsewhere for a few thousand less. I am, however, on the waiting list with them for a no-date Sub which should happen around my retirement date.
Maybe post the the few thousand dollars off dealers. Tudors (sit around $3k-$4k) and Omegas aren't really "thousands" of dollars, so if you got one or found one for a few thousand less, I'd like to know where that is. Full MSRP for a base Submariner Date is $9k. A Tudor Black Bay GMT is $4k MSRP. So you found a Tudor dealer selling new for like $1000-$2000?

Also, not everyone can shop at AAFES.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
my Dad used to break wrist watches several times a year, the local jewelry store talked him into buying a used rolex, it never broke but the crystal broke about 4 times before he went back to watches that cost less than the replacement crystal, I prefer Tissot watches myself, especially their mechanical pocket watches
I’m genuinely curious how he managed to break the crystal. My daily use luminox has literally been flung off a 30 foot structure onto concrete, submerged in all sorts of solvents, fuel, etc, and been through a few nasty fights and more abuse than any one watch has ever deserved. It doesn’t even have a scratch on the crystal.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I’m genuinely curious how he managed to break the crystal. My daily use luminox has literally been flung off a 30 foot structure onto concrete, submerged in all sorts of solvents, fuel, etc, and been through a few nasty fights and more abuse than any one watch has ever deserved. It doesn’t even have a scratch on the crystal.
Not once, but four times.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Maybe post the the few thousand dollars off dealers. Tudors (sit around $3k-$4k) and Omegas aren't really "thousands" of dollars, so if you got one or found one for a few thousand less, I'd like to know where that is. Full MSRP for a base Submariner Date is $9k. A Tudor Black Bay GMT is $4k MSRP. So you found a Tudor dealer selling new for like $1000-$2000?

I’d like to know where as well, I might be missing out on good deals

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Maybe post the the few thousand dollars off dealers. Tudors (sit around $3k-$4k) and Omegas aren't really "thousands" of dollars, so if you got one or found one for a few thousand less, I'd like to know where that is.
Do your own legwork. A new SMP Diver 300m with bracelet MSRP was $5200 until recently and with OKC sales tax it becomes a cool $5635.50, while a California AD was $4500 delivered, and AAFES had them for $3300 (white face only) on Thanksgiving Day. Full MSRP on a BB 58 is $3700, though with sales tax that becomes $4009.88, while other ADs sold them full kit for $3500 delivered. That sure looks like a few thousand overall, particularly when I bought both watches.

Full MSRP for a base Submariner Date is $9k. A Tudor Black Bay GMT is $4k MSRP.
Don't care, those weren't discussed.

I can and I'm spending my money, not yours; i.e., I don't care.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
Do your own legwork. A new SMP Diver 300m with bracelet MSRP was $5200 until recently and with OKC sales tax it becomes a cool $5635.50, while a California AD was $4500 delivered, and AAFES had them for $3300 (white face only) on Thanksgiving Day. Full MSRP on a BB 58 is $3700, though with sales tax that becomes $4009.88, while other ADs sold them full kit for $3500 delivered. That sure looks like a few thousand overall, particularly when I bought both watches.

Don't care, those weren't discussed.

I can and I'm spending my money, not yours; i.e., I don't care.
Wow! What a classy response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom