dedicated pistol light or hand held flashlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do a search here, and you'll find a sizable amount of discussion of this very topic.

But for my part, I prefer a weapon light. Leaves me with a hand free to steady the handgun, open doors or move objects, move family members to safety, switch my pistol to the other hand should my shooting hand be rendered unusable, etc.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the hand held myself BUT a back up light on the gun isnt a bad idea. Still trying to decide on one for my bedside gun but i always keep a flashlight next to it at night regardless. Main benefit of having a hand held light in the opposite hand and gun in the other, is the opposite hand isn't affected by recoil of the weapon. So then your light isn't jumping around all nuts when your firing. Plus you can keep the light in the assailants face and shoot for center mass but either way having a light is 1000000000000X better than no light at all.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never thought I would have a weapons light, until I tried it on my G17. Very handy and leaves one hand free. As far as the other guy using it as a target against you, I would have to call bull on that one. Get in a dark room and have a flashlight shined in your face from 20-30 feet away, ugh night blindness?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but you need your hand free to open doors, and in any situation you might be really close. IMO. :D Gonna have to say the target theory is bull aswell.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Huge bull
I train and shoot with a weapon mounted light as well as hand held lights. I can do much more, much faster with a weaponlight than with a handheld.

Latest posts

Top Bottom