Depression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fall and winter are my favorite seasons but I can still relate to you about depression. My wife is very very sick and in a long term critical care unit for the next several weeks. We don't even know if she will make it home..We've been married for 43 years and I'm sure not ready to give her up..Yes, I'm depressed and sometimes I have to have medical help just to deal with it..Not trying to hijack your thread but I would really appreciate prayers for my wife...Thanks....VIKING

I feel the pain...Prayers sent...Be Strong, stay active

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fall and winter are my favorite seasons but I can still relate to you about depression. My wife is very very sick and in a long term critical care unit for the next several weeks. We don't even know if she will make it home..We've been married for 43 years and I'm sure not ready to give her up..Yes, I'm depressed and sometimes I have to have medical help just to deal with it..Not trying to hijack your thread but I would really appreciate prayers for my wife...Thanks....VIKING

My prayers are sent for you both.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I HATE summer. With a passion. I work outside or in non-climate controlled buildings. I've been so hot in Oklahoma it was nearly a medical emergency. Never been that cold here. Summer is memories of my heart pounding and sweating until you stop and your skin gets clammy and feeling sick and being tired for 3 months. Plus all the grass and working on equipment in the heat on top of work.

I get depressed (more than usual) and generally turn in to a lethargic ******* in the summer. I drag in after work and have zero energy. I get short-tempered. Some years it gets so bad I come close to up and moving. I would love to live in the mountains or the PNW but Tulsa is damm near 1/4th the cost of living.

I love winter, rain, snow, and grey skies. I guess somebody has to. I wouldn't like a Minnesota or Dakota winter, but ours is fine. I sleep better. In the summer when it gets dark so late it's a given I'll be up until midnight before I can sleep. I've been going to bed at 10 and waking before my alarm. I love going home and building a fire every night. I'm in a much better mood and have more energy.

The summer of 2012 really pushed my depression into high gear.

My family is mostly the same way. We all hate heat and many of us work outside. I have pale skin and blue eyes. I'm not made for heat.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I work outside all year and by far I dread the summer the most. As well I work till dark so I much prefer the hours in the fall/winter. I can start earlier and feel like I get way more accomplished in a day my production level is way higher in winter. I'm way happier and then comes summer. And I spend a third of my wages on gold bond trying to keep my sweaty balls cooler. The only time I think I'd like an indoor job is in the summer. Anything warmer than 85ish (depending on humidity) and I shut down we usually put about 3000 small squares in barns right after the 15th of July and I really hate my life. I'll move north one day just to escape the heat. But I know quite a few people that do get depressed in the winter. Talk to your doc and be honest because clinical depression is real and causes lots of people to take their own lives. It'll be spring before you know it.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for wife and family..Viking!!

I love fall and winter...first cuz I like duck hunting. ....2nd is cuz I work outdoors in FRC's and heat stroke years ago makes it very hard for my body to regulate hot temps. One thing I wish I could change about my life.

DNO

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depression is quite common. If you folks think you are suffering from depression, see your doctor. You don't have to live with it or fight through it. The miracles of modern medicine can make you feel like a different person.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We're still here and just taking one day at a time. God has blessed my family for 43 years and continues to bless us every day. VIKING

Latest posts

Top Bottom