Depression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fall and winter are my favorite seasons but I can still relate to you about depression. My wife is very very sick and in a long term critical care unit for the next several weeks. We don't even know if she will make it home..We've been married for 43 years and I'm sure not ready to give her up..Yes, I'm depressed and sometimes I have to have medical help just to deal with it..Not trying to hijack your thread but I would really appreciate prayers for my wife...Thanks....VIKING

Sucks man! Sorry to hear this. I'm praying for your family.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I HATE summer.

I get depressed (more than usual) and generally turn in to a lethargic ******* in the summer. I get short-tempered- BECAUSE OF THE HEAT .

I love winter, rain, snow, cold, and grey skies. I sleep better.
This is me. I grew up in the heat of southern CA but when I moved to the colder wetter San Francisco bay area after graduating HS to go to post HS tech schools I fell in love with their weather. But it was when I moved on up to the Sierra Nevada mountains at 7700ft where it snows feets deep from November to April that I was really home, and any chance I can get I am right back there to my little Aframe cabin up on the mountain. A part time move to Des Moines IA didnt bother me at all with their nasty winters but their summers suck as bad as southern CA. I still live there part time and still hate their summers. When I first moved to OK it was the middle of summer and I was miserable but when it got to winter it was perfect here- except for that gdamned ice, I dont like the ice, snow I can handle.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a triple digit guy. I am already sick of winter and it's not even winter yet. If I was in a posistion to move to a Carribean island I would. I hate the cold and all the sickness, stuffy nose, clogged head that goes with it all season long. I want my flip flops back!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I HATE summer. With a passion. I work outside or in non-climate controlled buildings. I've been so hot in Oklahoma it was nearly a medical emergency. Never been that cold here. Summer is memories of my heart pounding and sweating until you stop and your skin gets clammy and feeling sick and being tired for 3 months. Plus all the grass and working on equipment in the heat on top of work.

I get depressed (more than usual) and generally turn in to a lethargic ******* in the summer. I drag in after work and have zero energy. I get short-tempered. Some years it gets so bad I come close to up and moving. I would love to live in the mountains or the PNW but Tulsa is damm near 1/4th the cost of living.

I love winter, rain, snow, and grey skies. I guess somebody has to. I wouldn't like a Minnesota or Dakota winter, but ours is fine. I sleep better. In the summer when it gets dark so late it's a given I'll be up until midnight before I can sleep. I've been going to bed at 10 and waking before my alarm. I love going home and building a fire every night. I'm in a much better mood and have more energy.

The summer of 2012 really pushed my depression into high gear.

My family is mostly the same way. We all hate heat and many of us work outside. I have pale skin and blue eyes. I'm not made for heat.

something I agree with you on

Latest posts

Top Bottom