Dillon 550B or XL650?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 650XL, its been great to me. I bought it used on here for a steal and had to spend a little to get setup and running but every time ive had an issue with it I call Dillon and they walk me through th efix or send out a new part asap.

But I have been thinking about getting the Honaday single stage press to reload my rifle stuff with so I can be more percise because I dont like the way the dillon powder measure works on it. I want to be more percise with my long range rifle stuff than I have to worry about with my 9mm loads.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Wizard,

They make an adapter so you can put a Redding benchrest stype powder measures on top of a Dillon powder die. I think you have to actuate it manually, but those Redding measures are great for accuracy, even with long extruded rifle powders.

Good luck,

Alan

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Wizard,

They make an adapter so you can put a Redding benchrest stype powder measures on top of a Dillon powder die. I think you have to actuate it manually, but those Redding measures are great for accuracy, even with long extruded rifle powders.

Good luck,

Alan

Ah thank you for that info, I will have to check into that.

Kryxar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 650XL, its been great to me. I bought it used on here for a steal and had to spend a little to get setup and running but every time ive had an issue with it I call Dillon and they walk me through th efix or send out a new part asap.

But I have been thinking about getting the Honaday single stage press to reload my rifle stuff with so I can be more percise because I dont like the way the dillon powder measure works on it. I want to be more percise with my long range rifle stuff than I have to worry about with my 9mm loads.

I've been looking at getting into reloading for a few years now and haven't been able to make up my mind between the Hornady LnL AP and the Dillion 650XL. What I thought would be an advantage for the LnL AP is that you can get the Single stage LnL and all the LnL adapters interchange.

Latest posts

Top Bottom