Disabled American vet arrested in Muskogee walmart.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait... is this why a "double" is the biggest damned drink I can ever get? No one will ever serve me a triple. A double is like a farging joke! It's an aperitif!
37A O.S. 6-102:

No licensee of the ABLE Commission shall:
4. Use any of the following means or inducements to stimulate the consumption of alcoholic beverages, including but not limited to:

a. deliver more than two drinks to one person at one time,
...​

So, George Thorogood definitely wasn't having his "one bourbon, one Scotch, and one beer" in Oklahoma.

Also, 37A O.S. 3-118 also effectively prohibits two-for-one, etc. drink specials: "No alcoholic beverages intended for off-premise or on-premise consumption shall be sold at retail for less than a six percent (6%) markup...." There are some exceptions, but they're not going to apply in the general case. If a bar does have a two-for-one special, well, you know their markup on the single was at least 112%, and probably ought to find a new place to do your drinking.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait... is this why a "double" is the biggest damned drink I can ever get? No one will ever serve me a triple. A double is like a farging joke! It's an aperitif!

They're not allowed to technically serve more than 2 drinks that contain more than 2oz each to one person. Funny thing is.... most martini glasses range from 8 to 10oz and people get served (used to) buckets of beer and shots all the time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
37A O.S. 6-102:

No licensee of the ABLE Commission shall:
4. Use any of the following means or inducements to stimulate the consumption of alcoholic beverages, including but not limited to:

a. deliver more than two drinks to one person at one time,
...​

So, George Thorogood definitely wasn't having his "one bourbon, one Scotch, and one beer" in Oklahoma.

Also, 37A O.S. 3-118 also effectively prohibits two-for-one, etc. drink specials: "No alcoholic beverages intended for off-premise or on-premise consumption shall be sold at retail for less than a six percent (6%) markup...." There are some exceptions, but they're not going to apply in the general case. If a bar does have a two-for-one special, well, you know their markup on the single was at least 112%, and probably ought to find a new place to do your drinking.

I doubt there's a bar in Oklahoma that doesn't mark up their alcohol at least 100%. lol

Interesting then, how they can deliver a "bucket" of beers to 1 or 2 people.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a disabled vet, his new 20 year old wife and 16 year old daughter go into a bar.
The vet orders 3 beers.
So your saying the waitress shouldn't ID the group? only the guy who ordered the beers?

I do not condone the behavior of the Vet, but the Walmart Policy requiring identification on all the members in a group that is accompanying a person whom is purchasing alcohol has no elements comparable to liquor and beer sales on premises in a bar. Purchases made by customers in Discount Department/Grocery Stores legally involve only the customers and the stores. Querying others is in the vicinity is an arbitrary, irrelevant invasion of privacy..... I call B.S.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Querying others is in the vicinity is an arbitrary, irrelevant invasion of privacy..... I call B.S.!

Your privacy can't be invaded when you enter a private business, attempt to purchase alcohol, and can simply leave without the alcohol if you don't agree with the business's Identification policy.

It's a dumb policy, no doubt. But it's not an invasion of privacy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom