Disabled American vet arrested in Muskogee walmart.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They need to put a sign near the beer that states all parties are subject to ID when alcohol is purchased.

Did I miss where all members of his party were being ID’d?

I did notice it looks like a self-check area and the Walmarts I have been to have it posted that a alcohol sales are not permitted in the self-check registers.

I even looked at WinCo and it was not posted so a asked the attendant. She said it was allowed there and came and entered a code when I scanned my beer.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not condone the behavior of the Vet, but the Walmart Policy requiring identification on all the members in a group that is accompanying a person whom is purchasing alcohol has no elements comparable to liquor and beer sales on premises in a bar. Purchases made by customers in Discount Department/Grocery Stores legally involve only the customers and the stores. Querying others is in the vicinity is an arbitrary, irrelevant invasion of privacy..... I call B.S.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope it's a policy likely brought on by tort. Either way, you have the right to refuse to sell alcohol to anyone. Kind of like an FFL doesn't have to sell a firearm to anyone.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt there's a bar in Oklahoma that doesn't mark up their alcohol at least 100%. lol

Interesting then, how they can deliver a "bucket" of beers to 1 or 2 people.
I was reading an update on the law for liquor sellers, and that was specifically mentioned. The answer was a very clear "don't."

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any business can refuse service to anyone, for any reason.

No, not anyone or for any reason. You cannot refuse service because someone was white (or black, or Latino or Native American), or a non-Citizen, or a Christian or Muslim or Jew, or too old or young, or disabled, or a veteran.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to justify this guy, or this situation. I do however think that doxing is a great tool for .gov accountability.
So putting someones personal info out there so some nutball can harass someone at their home and possibly mess with the family members is ok with you?
Sounds pretty dangerous and who ever did the doxing should be held responsible for any harm that comes to the doxed.

Voting is how you hold .gov responsible for their actions , whether it was them or someone they appointed.
Don't know what you do for a living but how would you feel about some client of yours coming to your house and harassing your loved one?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, not anyone or for any reason. You cannot refuse service because someone was white (or black, or Latino or Native American), or a non-Citizen, or a Christian or Muslim or Jew, or too old or young, or disabled, or a veteran.

There are a thousand ways to say to someone you don't like them, and half of them make the person smile thinking you complimented them. The same can be said about refusing service. If someone was stupid enough to come right out and say they were discriminating against them on X protected class, they deserve a lawsuit. However, anyone who causes a scene in any establishment can be refused service regardless of anything else.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a thousand ways to say to someone you don't like them, and half of them make the person smile thinking you complimented them. The same can be said about refusing service. If someone was stupid enough to come right out and say they were discriminating against them on X protected class, they deserve a lawsuit. However, anyone who causes a scene in any establishment can be refused service regardless of anything else.
"When I look at you, time stands still."

"You've got a face that would stop a clock."

Latest posts

Top Bottom