DIY 1911 Improvements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apology sent. I hope it helps because that went in a direction I didn't intend for it to go. I'm just good at sticking my foot in my mouth. This was my fault and I will try to word my thoughts better and try not to make things worse when I do "f" up.

EDIT: Sorry, the apology didn't come sooner. I work 2 jobs and have no time to get on my computer at the 2nd one. No smart phone, either.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back on topic. I have been discussing some of the .22lr conversion kits with Zombie as an inexpensive (relatively speaking) plinker. Who makes the best and which is the best value for the money spent?

By FAR, in my opinion, the Marvel is best! Though I may be a bit biased because I own one. I shoot it several times a month, and I took 2nd for my first time in steel challenge with it last month.

The best part about it, it runs best on Remington Golden Bullets, so I don't have to buy the expensive stuff.

They aren't cheap, but they are nice.

I have the Model 2, Government round top, it looks just like a standard 1911 pistol. No lock back though (once mine is out of warranty, I may play around with it and see if I can modify it some).

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
List of malfunctions, btw, is Fail to Extract (I blame ammo), accaisionally fail to feed (again, I blame ammo), failure to lock the slide on some mags and I have had trouble with one old Chip McCormick mag that I gave back to Zombie where the follower protruded from the top of the magazine funny, won't lock the slide and holds the slide part way open. It appears that the follower was pinched between the slide and feed ramp, holding the slide partially open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom