Do I really Need A LLC? - Limited Liability 'Company'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't mean to OT the thread, but what if you have already started a business with a DBA business name and youself as the sole owner. Can you change over to a LLC without a lot of hassle?

That is one of the issues. I would have to apply for a 'new' FFL, and though I would not need new Photo's or Fingerprint Cards, I would still have to pay another $200 - And set up a new Bank Account ..... :anyone:

Thanx to all for your responses ..... and especially you J.B., as I know that you are a 'Legal Type' ..... :thumb:

Last edited:

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay question, since we are talking about it, is a LLC and a sole proprietorship the same thing?

Last edited:

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well WTF then.

Everytime I go to register my "trademark" it asks me what type of business it is, but, "sole proprietor" isn't on the list.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, got it figured out. With a sole proprietor you just have to fill out a "doing business as" form to register trade name.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suggestion, If your going mess with class 3 stuff and regular guns just get another license with a llc for the regular stuff.
Use the sole proprietor you already have for the class 3. That way when you go out of business you can keep any transferable class 3 items you have in inventory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom