Do you carry a spare magazine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry a spare magazine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have went the extra measure to carry a full size handgun to save your worthless hyde, then carrying a spare mag that is absolutely less than half of the weight of your blaster is not a burden. :disappoin

Don't be stupid and don't be foolin' yourselves guys. Mr. Murphy loves events such as an armed encounter. Don't give him the opportunity to screw with you. Carry a reload for EVERY GUN YOU CARRY. Yes, this means your redundant back-up weapon as well. But hey...if you're still refusing to tote a spare mag/reload for your sidearm, you damn sure ain't gonna carry a back-up gun, huh? :rolleyes2

Those in the know realize how vital the spare mag/reload is. Not so much for the extra ammo...since your blaster holds 19 rounds of super-destroyer bone shocking hollowpoint, man stoppers...we're talking that unfortunate moment when your pistol decides to take a sh1t on you and lock up. :pissed:

Whatcha gonna do then? :ugh2:

Not to jack the thread, but while I'm on this rant, how many of you carry a good folding knife and a tactical flashlight as well? :anyone:

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always carry at least one spare mag, and usually two. I train and compete with 3, so it makes sense to me to carry two. More than that is usually difficult for me to conceal.

(I also carry a knife and two flashlights. It used to be one flashlight, but I had an incident where a battery was dead and I was left in the dark.)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have went the extra measure to carry a full size handgun to save your worthless hyde, then carrying a spare mag that is absolutely less than half of the weight of your blaster is not a burden. :disappoin

Don't be stupid and don't be foolin' yourselves guys. Mr. Murphy loves events such as an armed encounter. Don't give him the opportunity to screw with you. Carry a reload for EVERY GUN YOU CARRY. Yes, this means your redundant back-up weapon as well. But hey...if you're still refusing to tote a spare mag/reload for your sidearm, you damn sure ain't gonna carry a back-up gun, huh? :rolleyes2

Those in the know realize how vital the spare mag/reload is. Not so much for the extra ammo...since your blaster holds 19 rounds of super-destroyer bone shocking hollowpoint, man stoppers...we're talking that unfortunate moment when your pistol decides to take a sh1t on you and lock up. :pissed:

Whatcha gonna do then? :ugh2:

Not to jack the thread, but while I'm on this rant, how many of you carry a good folding knife and a tactical flashlight as well? :anyone:

I know that Murphy guy all too well! Sneaky bastid shows up at the worst moments indeed...armed encounter, on the throne and you look over at an empty cardboard tube, divorce court, you name it. I can control the extra mag part, the others are often out of my hands!

A

ArmedCivy

I've been carrying two extra mags ever since i started carrying a gun. Its an extra hastle but carrying a gun is a hastle if you ask me. But i still carry 100% of the time unless i'm at work.

I also carry on my person a flashlight, a multitool, and a defensive folding blade.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Only if i'm carrying something small...like a PPS. Not to say that you shouldn't....but where do you draw the line? Do you carry a back-up weapon, extra mag for that, cell phone, knife, flashlight, CCW Badge, fuzzy handcuffs? You can only be so prepared before your pants fall down around your ankles from the weight.....then comes a whole new set of problems.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<<<<<< one more reason for
Fact; semi pistols jam
revo's have less rounds, but ususally are more reliable
....Yes I carry reloads for both
Pants on the Ground...what was that...Galluses's
Yes Im old ,and fat too

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMCS(FMF)Ret. said:
... You can only be so prepared before your pants fall down around your ankles from the weight.....then comes a whole new set of problems.

That's where a good gun belt comes in. Even my Glock 19 at just under 2 lbs. seems to weigh down a normal belt some, but after switching to a belt that's made to support a gun, I have no trouble with it and two spare mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom