Do you guys/gals ever sleep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be something here to help some of you.

IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1600.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since my son started working nights, I fall asleep around 9 and wake up at 5.
Get in about 3 Hours of Korean dramas/ comedies before I start the day.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work out of town 35-40 weeks per year. On those weeks I'll go to bed at ~2AM. I get most of my admin/computer work done between 10PM-2AM and spend all day in the field working from a truck. It's the weeks I stay at home that get me screwed up. I'm been staying up until 4-5AM all this past week and just sleeping until my phone rings, usually 8:30-9AM.

Wojownik

Zawsze gotowy Zawsze blisko
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an early riser, always have been. But I can also stay up pretty late at times.

Today I happened to be going from just 4 hours of sleep. Last time I looked at the time last night, it was just after midnight. Been up since 4am this morning. This isn’t typical, just happened to be what happened today.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've worked retail for the last 40+ years. Sometimes I go in at 4a. Sometimes, I there as late as 7a the next morning ---- sometimes in the same week. I'm used to not having a regular sleep schedule or the amount of hours I can sleep. I envy the people that can go straight to bed after working a late shift. No matter the shift, it usually takes me at least 4hrs before I can hit the sack.

For years, I've had insomnia a couple times a month --- usually stay up for 48hrs plus for these episodes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My entire working life I was on call 24-7, 365 because the businesses never shut down even for the holidays and typically, I was the only one in Maintenance that would answer their phone after hours.
When everyone was sleeping in the middle of the night, I was driving 18 miles to work to fix an issue and back home. Sometimes catching a few hours in the parking lot before going into the locker room to take a shower and start the day.
I can nap occasionally but hate to do more than about 15 minutes. Any longer than that, it feels like there is a hangover for the rest of the day. Groggy and lazy.
The overtime pay went into investments retiring early by design.
We have a sleep number bed now that can be tuned to the personal requirements for comfort.
I've had an occasional issue with acid reflux. Found that using the feature that tilts the head of the bed a couple of degrees eliminated that issue.
I go to bed around 12:30 am and get up after a couple of bathroom visits at 9:30 am feeling pretty refreshed.
When sleeping it's a hard sleep. Never remember a dream happening until shortly before waking up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom