Does anybody use the Lee Pro 1000 Adjustable Charge Bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Lee Pro 1000 that I am setting up, but when I try to get a specific charge weight it seems to jump .2 -.3 grains when using the powder disc size to the next size up. I saw that Lee sold an adjustable charge bar that replaces the disc and it is suppose to help make more precise powder charges. I was wondering if anyone uses one or if any place around OKC sells them. While I on the Pro 1000 does anyone use the bullet feeder and do you like it?

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't have the charge bar or the bullet feeder...but do load a ton on a Pro1000.

Yep, the jump in weights often means I can't go quite as hot...or mild....as I'd like and still be safe with a particular powder. It has caused me to buy different powders now and then.

I try to use powders that are pretty forgiving and find a charge weight right in the middle of the range.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is what is happening to me. I might have to try to ream out one the holes that I don't use to see if I can get exact weight that I am wanting. I was hoping that the adjustable charge bar would do that, but I'm not seeing anything that says it fixes that problem yet.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had the bullet feeder and it was a nightmare. Bullets would fall out, throw across the room, tip just enough not to seat right. I took it off and sold the whole press the guy that bought it does not use the feeder either. he had the same issues i did

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From the review I have read about it, it's not that great. It looks like the multi-disk set up might be the way to go, then again, from the reviews on Midways website, some like it, some don't. A couple of people did some minor mods to the disk that made the disk work for them. They don't cost too much to try out.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I use the Autodisk with my turret press. It sucks not being able to adjust infinitely, but at the same time, if a particular load works for you, then resetting to that amount is much faster than with an adjustable charge bar. It's not very good for rifle loads, where a good load may not be right on one of the cavities, but for pistol loads I like it just fine.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the micrometer-adjusting bar but have not tried it yet. I'm looking forward to trying it though since I'm doing some smaller loads (.32) and my usual method of cheating with the Lee dippers doesn't work on the smaller capacity cartridges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom