Domain registration & web hosting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I need to register a couple of domain names and get a site built.

I was referred to namecheap.com to register the variations of the domain name I want, and was referred to Square Space to do the web site. The problem is, Square Space doesn't currently have a domain transfer ability.

Does anyone know of another reasonably priced web hosting site like Square Space with the ability for me to use a domain name I already own? Thanks in advance for the help.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use enom.com. I have reseller account with them. Either my first domain name I purchased (16+ years ago) was registered through them or they later acquired the company. I obtained a reseller account 5-7 years ago. You don't have to register it at the same place you are using for a host.

I have been using asmallorange.com as a host for many years. (8-10 maybe) Again, I use a reseller account. I have had almost 0 issues with them. I'm not a very support needy customer however.

You should only have to point your domain name to Square Space's name servers through your current registrar.

Be careful tying up your domain names with you host. I've heard of some issues people have had when the went to move away from combined registrar/hosting services. ;) That had been a few years back.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine at godaddy and pointed it to square space. be advised a store is $30 a month and they want you to use stripe for payments.
if you are a computer nerd you can add paypal but its a pain. squarespace is mostly geared towards bloggers and non commercial stuff.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. My site will need some limited e commerce capability (30 or fewer items eventually) and I have neither the time nor experience to do a bunch of formatting and upkeep. The centerpiece of the site will be a calendar/list of events. It would be nice if i could set up event payment through the site store but i have no problem pointing to something like EventBrite.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used 1&1 for several years for my business site then later for just a home site. They seem to offer way more than I need, reasonable, and have never been down that I detected in 10 years, many of my customers were on my business site at all ours of the day and night. Very good customer service the few times I had questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom