Dong's (As defined by myself, the Oxford Dictionary, and Tulsa People/Google Review)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to Dongs many times over the years, the last being a month ago when I bought the M&P Shield. I have never had a problem with them and they have always been helpful showing me what I wanted. Of course, I knew what I wanted to see before I went in and had done my research on it. I'm also 63 years old, don't wear hoodies or have neck tattoos or prison tattoos on my arms. I get the feeling that they profile their customers (especially the younger ones) since they are on/near the bad side of town/gangland.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go open a gunshop with a smile on your face and prices that will pay your overhead and feed your family.
After 2-3 years of thousands of finger pokers wearing the new off your guns, asking all kinds of stupid questions, being bad mouthed all over the internet (OSA) for having high prices by people that go and order the gun for $10 over cost from a part-time gun dealer.
You WILL have the same bad attitude as every other gun shop in town.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go open a gunshop with a smile on your face and prices that will pay your overhead and feed your family.
After 2-3 years of thousands of finger pokers wearing the new off your guns, asking all kinds of stupid questions, being bad mouthed all over the internet (OSA) for having high prices by people that go and order the gun for $10 over cost from a part-time gun dealer.

There is NO such thing as a stupid question from ANY of my customers!

An attitude like that is disgusting. That just sickens me.

The day my attitude gets 1/4 of whaat you just said, is the day I quit.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is NO such thing as a stupid question from ANY of my customers!

An attitude like that is disgusting. That just sickens me.

The day my attitude gets 1/4 of whaat you just said, is the day I quit.
are you as big a dong as dongs? or is that a stupid question?:bye:

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah that was stupid, however, it does not matter if my dong is as big as theirs, my attitute will NEVER be that bad. Dealing with ppls **** is a part of any business. People with attitudes like that should not be in business, period.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you have a passion for your business and customers, i believe they lost thiers years ago. when dong was still around it was a nice place ,after mr long took over it started down hill and has gone that way ever since

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've been in several other gun shops that do not have this attitude, and I do not buy into your assertion that every gun shop would be justified to have this attitude due to the pesky customers getting in the way. I have been to Dong's once and will never go back. They were the only place to have what I was looking for, and actually as cheap as I could find online. I had never heard anything about Dong's at this time ( a couple years ago), good or bad. I went in and got what I wanted after calling ahead to see if they had item and what the price was. First I got passed over at the counter for about 10 minutes. When they finally did make their way over to me, they were rude, smug, would barely talk to me when trying to make smalltalk to lighten the air, would barely answer any question about the gun I was in the process of purchasing, they only conversed direct to the point about forms needing filled out, in now way were they polite or even thankful for the sell. They boxed the gun up after getting approval, shoved it to me, I signed the slip, I said thanks, have a good day, not one word from them after that, so I just left! I have never went back nor will I advise anyone to go there either.

Noober1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:buttkick:

Let's be absolutely crystal clear... I knew exactly what I wanted when I went into Dong's and it's obvious they're managed poorly. Maybe you (if you're an employee or possible owner) should find a different business where there isn't customer interaction. The questions I asked where "do you have it? if not can you order it?" if Dong's is incapable handling those questions maybe they shouldn't be allowed to sell firearms. Post Note: I've seen thug "looking" customers at Dong's and they had no problem selling to them. I just wanted to clarify that Dong's doesn't seem to discriminate. Working at a gun store,carrying a sidearm openly, dealing with stupid people, or dealing with customers that know more than you doesn't give you the right to act like an ass! Suggestion to DONG's: Along with attitude adjustments... CHANGE THE LAYOUT OF YOUR INVENTORY INTRUDING WITH THE DISPLAY COUNTERS! No one can maneuver to look at anything, and when I was in there several people were bitching about that very thing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom