Doomsday Prepping Going Mainstream?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is my opinion that people started "prepping" more after hurricane katrina. People in this country watched the news and thought "holy chit, no one is going help me if something really bad happens". What we call prepping is the same thing people did a hundred years ago just to survive the winter, nothing new.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What we call prepping is the same thing people did a hundred years ago just to survive the winter, nothing new.

Yup, except back then they called it common sense. We live in Oklahoma, if you don't have a generator, alternate heating, flashlights and enough food for a month, you haven't lived here long..... :D

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, except back then they called it common sense. We live in Oklahoma, if you don't have a generator, alternate heating, flashlights and enough food for a month, you haven't lived here long..... :D

Ain't that the damn truth. Bring on the ice storms!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, What? I was just getting ready to try shooting at my house to test how bullet proof it was. Of course I was going to use a BB gun and only shoot at a corner.

Dont shoot yer thumb off. <evil grin>

I just want to know if EITHER of you guys has the cajones to get in the car at night with some nimwit you met on Craigslist to take a ride out into the country and then shoot the poor unsuspecting CL chauffeur in the hand to protect your 2187438504385 tons of unviable seeds stored in the only fridge in your house??

Yeah ... that's what I thought ... :D

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind it being "mainstream." It has my wife interested and active.

Kinda like Barbara Mandrell sang:

I was country.....

when country wan't cool.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want to know if EITHER of you guys has the cajones to get in the car at night with some nimwit you met on Craigslist to take a ride out into the country and then shoot the poor unsuspecting CL chauffeur in the hand to protect your 2187438504385 tons of unviable seeds stored in the only fridge in your house??

Yeah ... that's what I thought ... :D

I have already said, I don't buy into prepper mentality. If doodoo does hit the fan... Marauder FTW!

Latest posts

Top Bottom