Double Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always wanted a Double Rifle, but they were always way out of my reach. Untilllllllll now, went to Cabela's and there it was. Standing in the corner with a light shinning from behind, just like an Angel. Brand is Sabatti made in Italy several calibers, including 45-70. Price is only $3000. Now I know $3000 is not chump change, but compared to $20,000. It is achievable. Does anyone know anything about them? Any and all input would be helpful.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wanted a double rifle too. I went to Champlin's at the Enid Airport a few weeks back just to drool on some. They have all grades of them and they're all out of my price range. I have a friend that bought a Sabatti but,I haven't got a range report yet. A local dealer Mike Engster that owns Centerline Firearms told me to stay away from the Sabatti. He books and guides safaris in Africa and South America. He has hunted Africa for years and should know what he is talking about. He sells high end rifles ( including doubles ) at his shop in Ponca City. If any of you ever wanted to hunt Africa it is a lot more affordable than I ever thought. He has a plains safari with two shoulder mounts for $1600 (this doesn't include airfair). Good luck with what ever rifle you get and call Mike for a good chance to use it.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ makes an affordable double rifle, the Brno Stopper, but it's over/under configured. I don't know if they're worth a **** but $5k is way, way less than $30k.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't hold back ez, tell us how you really feel.LOL... The guy at Cabelas wouldn't let me take any, and your right. I'm the first one asking for pictures and here I go and don't post any. Sorry. If any one knows of any please post them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't hold back ez, tell us how you really feel.LOL... The guy at Cabelas wouldn't let me take any, and your right. I'm the first one asking for pictures and here I go and don't post any. Sorry. If any one knows of any please post them.

Champlin's at the Enid Airport will let you take pics, and they'll print you off a spec sheet for the guns you're interested in. If you haven't been there, I strongly recommend it. That was a wonderful day for me. :)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
from cabela website... strange they wouldn't let you take pic's

Cabela's is pleased to be the sole U.S. dealer for Sabatti double rifles.
awww.cabelas.com_assets_cms_img_gun_library_ads_sabatti_02964615_th.jpg

CZ's BRNO STOPPER express double rifle
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom