Double Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stupid question... why do double rifles cost so much?
you cannot tell me mfg costs for a std grade double gun would cost much more than a nice double barrel shotty

You have to regulate double rifles so the barrels will intersect POI's at a given distance. As MoBoost said, it may or may not be voodoo magic like some of the double gunmakers claim. That and most of them are hand made with premium materials such as AAA fancy, English, French & Circassian walnut stocks, along with hand chiseled engraving (often with gold inlays), real ivory and gold beads, etc. and you can see why they get pricey real quick. They have upscale clientele, so they charge upscale prices to boot.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my best friends, God rest his soul, was shop foreman for Champlin until his untimely passing from an aneurism on the brain stem. He always had terrible headaches and I still think all of it stemmed from all of the big guns he shot. I have always loved double rifles, and he knew it. He tried to hook me up with one I could afford, but it never happened. I finally settled for the Spartan in .45-70 a couple years back. I'm satisfied with it, but it's nothing like the fine European doubles. If you had seen the time and effort he put into regulating those barrels and working up loads, you would have some understanding of the cost. That is AFTER all the time that went into the original build. The workmanship on a fine double rifle is something to behold.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z473/358norma/2285005_sabtbas_01-1.jpg
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z473/358norma/2285005_sabtbas_04.jpg
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z473/358norma/2285005_sabtbas_05.jpg

Here's some pics of the Sabatti's. This is a 45-70 in WA. Sorry the wood on this one isn't that good...........

Just kidding about the wood. Do some research, they have some good reviews and some not so good. But when did you look at a bunch of gun reviews that didn't have some good, some not so good. I'm looking at one of these too. The 45-70 and 9.3X74R are $2999. The 416Rig, 470Nitro, 500Exp are $5499. Just sayin, sounds like a LOT of side by side for the $$$.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Remember that some of these rifles aren't bought off the shelf, but are a full custom build to the shooter. Some of the stores I visited over in Germany had taylors to custom fit the gun to you.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i bought a drilling at champlin in enid, but sold it ,i think drillings are fragile compared to the savage mod 24 cal .223 over 12 ga which i bought to replace the drilling.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK.. just scored my first double rifle Springfield Scout .22 Hornet / .410 in stainless, made in 1999 by CZ. in sweet condition, looks barely shot

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_m6scout.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_m6scout2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom