Dove Hunting Lessons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dove skeet practice:

Station 1--simulate lighting a cig and have the ref hit the pickle while both of your hands are occupied.

Station 2--simulate taking a leak and have the ref hit the pickle while you have your hands full.

Station 3--be talking on your cell when the bird flies.

You get the picture. CB

Now that's funny right there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out last night. Took the wind mojo, put it on a T post to elevate it, and we did manage to take 4 dove. I can honestly say only one was coming in to land or was attracted by the mojo. The others were on a mission to get somewhere fast. We only saw 8 birds total for the evening.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well my dove season is officially over. The only place I have access to locally is Lexington WMA, which closes its dove season at the end of September. The dove as well just haven't been present, making my 45 minute drive to Lexington rather useless. So maybe the two dove I bagged on Day 2 (only ones the whole season) will make a nice midnight snack sometime in the coming months, but I'm officially closing the books on Dove 2010 and getting ready for deer. Here we go!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to hunt with people that are better shots and dont eat dove. That works best for me. I have a 10 to 1 hit factor.

I like to eat dove as well.....
I'm thinking of buying some people ammo if they will drop off their game with me.....Cheaper than me going out.:giveup:

Actually..... I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Its the traditional start of hunting season , and that is what I live for.
Kill them or not....its on:clap3:

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about you guys last weekend when I was driving through Pea Ridge, AR. I must've seen 50 doves on the power lines last Sunday afternoon. Sad part was that they were all in city limits.

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped at bass pro after work and picked up a mojo and the darn thing worked. We put it out in the middle of the field with 4 more decoys on the ground and laid back in the love grass. I only had 1 come in close enough to shoot, but over 20 dove changed their flight path to fly over and see. We went back to retrieve the decoys and a covey of quail had come in to see too. I didn't know they were and they scared the crap out of me when they flushed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom