Dove hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry dude but that's like asking where my crappie hole is.
You probably won't get much help.

Welcome aboard though.

I'm not able to go this year because of a health issue.
You might try out west in the Black Kettle area. I've always done well out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone doing any good hunting dove on public land this year? If so where did you go?

There is good dove hunting on the North side of Kaw lake in the beaver creek area. Its a WMA. Just have to get there and do some scouting. The plant it about this time of year.

Welcome to the forum!

BrianOKC

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Dennis. I've been hearing alot of the birds have moved further south , so might have to wait for the next wave to try Kaw.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i just took my 3 1/2 year son Dove hunting and he loved it, what was cute is everything that flew was a dove to him LOL.

Took a guy out in the mid 70's once that was around the corner from sunflowers from me. He shot, and shot, and I wondered If I need to go over there as I wasn't seeing anything. Finally did and he has several black birds, some barn swallows and others on the ground......I hope the statute of limitations happens in this deal....It was in the 70's and he has never hunted with me again.. He was a new hunter, and I guess its my fault for not making sure he knew what a dove was...

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
now that is funny when i was in high school, i took a couple of guys turkey hunting who from the North North East like New York City guys, and believe it or not they shot a turkey Vulture now that was funny, that was like 20+ years ago.

reagorfu

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going out to Ft. Gibson tomorrow, last year they were ok out there, hope they will be there tomorrow. i'll let you know.

By the way, this is a really cool forum. new guy here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom