Dove hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reagorfu

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
didn't do very well, none came anywhere near me in range. i really did not get a chance to scout out a good place there though, and all of the maze fields are soy bean fields this year. gonna be good come october 1st though.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was anybody else out hunting dove this lovely weekend? Man, what a miserable weekend to hunt! We hunted around Eldorado, Ok. this weekend! We hunted friday afternoon thru noon sunday and it rained from the time we got there till we got back home and it's still spitting a little here. Birds were still flying pretty good though even in the rain. A lot of plowed fields down there now and the dove were loving it. We brought home 234 birds so I guess all the standing and sitting in the rain was worth it.

hunterdeere

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
now that is funny when i was in high school, i took a couple of guys turkey hunting who from the North North East like New York City guys, and believe it or not they shot a turkey Vulture now that was funny, that was like 20+ years ago.
Back when I was in college(20+ years ago), there were a couple of football players from Chicago I think that decided they were going pheasant hunting. Came back in about 20 minutes with 2 turkeys. That was pretty funny and amazing! :laugh6:

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't been able to go, but got a buddy who said he's had some luck out around heyburn, and sequoyah so far this year, if I go anywhere I'll probably go out to a friend of mines out in porum who's always had quite a few on his land.

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted Fort Sill in the rain this morning. Got 22 between 2 of us before it started raining hard. 15 birds in the last hour after we moved to a better flyway. We were on a plowed wheat field that the birds have literally flocked to for the last 2 weeks. Next time we get out it will be with a mojo. We could have been done in the first hour if the birds we saw would have flown closer.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
234 birds! That doesn't sound like a crappy weekend to me:D

Only miserable because the rain never stopped. It would let up once in a while but it never stopped completely. We would have gotten more if three of the guys with us had'nt been dropping birds in chest high grass knowing the whole time they would'nt find them. They could have either waited till they got over the plowed field or let them go. A little more thought on their part prior to shooting would have been nice cause one thing I hate is leaving game in the field. I'd still rather be hunting in the rain than anything else I could be doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom