Dove Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great hunt this morning with kelly walker in owasso. Bird flight was steady and fast. Some of us limited but everyone got birds. I would like to hear reports from other parts of the state. Good luck and stay safe.

aww snap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only got one this morning, fixin to go out again this evening. No big groups which means no northern birds yet down here I guess.
Im located in Jackson county.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...because the property to the east sounded like a war zone.

Some areas near where I was sounded the same way...but it was 6 guys all firing three shots each, at one bird. I learned awhile ago that the volume of gunfire is NOT indicative of the volume of birds LOL!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Complete bust just east of Watonga. Saw two birds. Weather was cloudy and wind was from the north. Ended up driving a truck helping the landowner get some old fashioned square hay bales hauled. It rained enough to get a person wet, but not enough to do much else except to keep the dove down.

Had to go, opening day is compulsive.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my best opening days ever. Lots of birds. it was a small field with very, very tall and thick grass on the edges which made finding the birds very hard. But the birds were there and my partner and I limited out. Took a while because of the time it took to search the tall grass for down birds. High humidity but we had cloud cover so no direct sun. Then we went and ate breakfast. Good morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom