Dove Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a field that is loaded with field tomatoe type plants, and its loaded with birds, but they fly through the middle of the field which is 60-80 yrds from the tree line. If we move to the middle and try to hide out, they stay on the tree line...

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I limited as did several in our group opening day. We were hunting near Big Cabin. This morning we were over by Collinsville and I only fired one shot. We hunted with Gordy's Wildlife both days. I am hoping he doesn't cash my check from today because there were no birds there. My dad, one brother and me hunted this morning and he probably had 30 hunters at least on the field but there were very few birds shot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ive got a field that is loaded with field tomatoe type plants, and its loaded with birds, but they fly through the middle of the field which is 60-80 yrds from the tree line. If we move to the middle and try to hide out, they stay on the tree line...

You sir need a mojo dove or two.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
didn't hear much shooting till 715 or so yesterday. we were doing most of it. ended up with thirty or so for five shooters. today, we figured the birds out some and brought home 54 for five shooters. about 30 miles north of the metro. birds seem to be concentrated on very few fields. many of what we got were really young.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took advantage of the weather yesterday and weaned calves and sorted yearlings. Went for about an hour today after chores and got seven. Wish I could go this eve instead of working but oh well it's a long season. All Eurasian eared doves never saw a mourning dove.

Attachments

• image-687634477.jpg
    image-687634477.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3830855391.jpg
    image-3830855391.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Top Bottom