Duffel Cut: Repair or not Repair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are yalls thoughts on repairing a duffel cut? Better to retain the significance of the cut, or better to repair the rifle?

20220428_171119.jpg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I've only seen repaired guns. They still retain value because they aren't imports, but GI bring-backs. I imagine there are a lot of opinions on this one. I'd be in a dilemma as well.

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are yalls thoughts on repairing a duffel cut? Better to retain the significance of the cut, or better to repair the rifle?

View attachment 269390
My first thought is that it is a part of the history and should be left that way, unless it’s a problem in trying to shoot it. Even then, I’d just shoot something else if possible, leaving it less doctored if I could. But that’s just me.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of these that my stepdad brought back. It wasn't cut but, it doesn't have the cover, sight wings, and the flower was ground off.
Most of the Japanese field troops removed the cover as they rattled a lot. You find one with the cover, it was usually issued to someone in the rear.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t watched the video yet and he may answer the question in it, but I’m not familiar with the duffel cut. What was the purpose of it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom