Earthquake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, just for the record, I live in Ardmore. Was sitting in the living room with my wife and son. My chair felt like someone was trying to rock it for about a second or two. I guess I had a funny look on my face because both the wife and son asked what was wrong. When I said I thought we'd just had an earthquake, they laughed. It was 9:07 by my clock.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt it in Owasso. I had just gotten in bed for a nap after getting the kids to school (I work night shift) and felt the rumble and shaking. My first thought was that the quarry was blasting - it occasionally rattles our windows, but this went on for a few seconds and I realized what it was.

My wife was downstairs and didn't notice anything. She said I was crazy and that maybe I had heard the washing machine spinning. About 30 minutes later when the news started reporting it, she came upstairs and said those words I rarely here - You were right! :woohoo1:

This was the first earthquake I had been in, and probably wouldn't have noticed anything if I had been up moving around.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang... so that's what it was... felt a thud like a large piece of gear got sat down. construction going on on both sides of me. thought it was a large dumpster getting unloaded.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched the news and people all over the state calling 911 to find out what that was, seriously? Meanwhile people with real emergency are put on hold because of it, ridiculous.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
holy crap, people are making way too big a deal out of this. The jets taking off shake the building at work more than that did. I swear to god, there's was no less than 15 facebook status updates with "ZOMG EARTHQUAKE!" on my feed within 5 minutes. People are way too easily amused.

Although it did make for a good joke when I asked a co-worker if his mom broke her hip when she tripped...

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was in Owasso and noticed the elevator doors shaking. I was dialing my wife to FINALLY prove to her that we have earthquakes in Oklahoma when my phone rang. My wife was wiggin' out! Heh heh heh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom