Earthquake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
holy crap, people are making way too big a deal out of this. The jets taking off shake the building at work more than that did. I swear to god, there's was no less than 15 facebook status updates with "ZOMG EARTHQUAKE!" on my feed within 5 minutes. People are way too easily amused.

Although it did make for a good joke when I asked a co-worker if his mom broke her hip when she tripped...

I work at 89th and I 35 in south okc/moore and none of the 6 of us at our shop even knew anything happened until the guys on the radio started freaking out, hell i slept through worse earthquakes such as this one when i lived in cali http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Northridge_earthquake

You guys are just too cool for school, I guess.

Ya know, there aren't a whole lot of people in OK that have experienced anything like that so it was a big deal to them. And being a 5.1, second biggest in OK history, makes it even more exciting.
I thought it was cool. Fortunately, no one was hurt, no significant property damage, so it was an exciting experience that was cool.:tounge:

Oh, and proph, how would you remember the 94 quake? weren't you like two when it happened?:punch:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didnt feel anything in Coweta. But I was asleep too.

My little house in northern California is not too many miles from the San Andreas Fault. Thats the 800 mile ridge line where the next big one is supposed to hit some day somewhere along its line.

I was living in San Francisco during the 89' 7.1 quake,luckily we didnt have much damage where we lived but my German born and raised girlfriend freaked totally out.

We were living up north in my current house in 96' during the Northridge/LA quake and never felt a thing.

The last one I remember feeling was in 01'. We were living up north in the mountains. It happened early in the morning and it did get us up out of bed and lasted a few minutes and freaked my ex out again, but it was just a baby quake like the one that hit in Oklahoma today.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are just too cool for school, I guess.

Ya know, there aren't a whole lot of people in OK that have experienced anything like that so it was a big deal to them. And being a 5.1, second biggest in OK history, makes it even more exciting.
I thought it was cool. Fortunately, no one was hurt, no significant property damage, so it was an exciting experience that was cool.:tounge:

Oh, and proph, how would you remember the 94 quake? weren't you like two when it happened?:punch:
:cannon: i was 5!

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait.........

There was an earthquake!? :lmfao:

I was driving so I probably thought it was a bump. After the huge deal about it, I did go home and make sure the AK was ready to roll.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched the news and people all over the state calling 911 to find out what that was, seriously? Meanwhile people with real emergency are put on hold because of it, ridiculous.

I watched the news an hour ago and some guy called 911 to report it and was trying to carry on with the operator. Telling him how he was sitting there drinking coffee and "had goosebumps the size of pickles!".

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work at 89th and I 35 in south okc/moore and none of the 6 of us at our shop even knew anything happened until the guys on the radio started freaking out, hell i slept through worse earthquakes such as this one when i lived in cali http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Northridge_earthquake

Well yeah, you were 4 years old. I was in high school when that hit, living in Palm Dale, not far from the epicenter. That scared the crap out of me. I had panic attacks for a month after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom