Ecoflow Solar Generator Arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you get one that can charge and supply power at the same time and can be used as an ups system. The charge controller matter as well as the battery and inverter in this combo packages.
The EcoFlow has 500 w to 1500 watts per interface that matters in charge time as my Ego unit can handle 4 batteries and they are hot swapable but the unit can’t be used while charging and the charge controller is only a 200 w solar panel, big batteries take forever. JMO from a owner

Expect about a good quality panel 50 to 60% output from a 400 w panel at peak and everywhere in between., solar panels matter.

IMG_3855.jpeg

Last edited:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firpo said:
…Be curious to know with your $1,800 investment how long will it power say a 10A 120V load??

Wait for sales… $1499 new with 5 year factory or a factory refurbished @ 2 years.

Here’s a good deal with a 2 year warranty. Unlike the genret you need maintenance and hope it starts, these chip away at your energy bill daily and you know when they aren’t working.

Here’s a good deal @ $1159 not $1800. These look and function new.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine has the River 2 Pro also, it’s worked great for his needs. That’s what got me looking into solar. Options are a good thing when the electric goes out👍🏻
I bought it for my shed. Just some LED strip lights, battery chargers for tools and the case feed on the Dillon is about it. I only bought one 100W solar panel to keep it topped up when I'm not using it. I can run the little AC unit on my Honda inverter generator and recharge this too if need be. That was a lot better than running a line from my breaker panel out there.

ETA: My Ecoflow solar panel is 100W and I have seen it once at 98 watts going in. So they are pretty good. I guess the angle was perfect and it was really clear.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I own multiple Gensets. From a Pair of Honda 2000s, a couple of 5000 watt ones and 3 huge Gen sets, propane, gas and natural gas. But we enjoy dry camping out where no amenities are from time to time. So been thinking of a battery for zero noise. Our RV has a diesel generator, but again the noise to just run a Cpap.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d consider the new LiFePo battery over a normal lithium as they provide more safety than lithium. A lithium battery is good for maybe 300 charges/ discharge before falling to 80% life.
The new battery’s 3500 times or about 10 years before the 80% charge.
They can also be taken all the way to zero without hurting them and they are a whole lot safer than lithium ion bats as far as fires go too.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d consider this one has the 3500 charge LiFePo4 battery. I have several of these around the place.

I run my hepa machines off one.

I also have the pros that allows 220v.

These seem very capable. I am going to see how the cheaper one does and think about how many time s I may need to use it. Thanks on the suggestions.

And after watching that guy get his ass burnt up in that elevator, they have a cause to worry about them to me.

So the one you suggested is safer than the Allwei brand one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom